• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't dreamweaver open the correct site?

Explorer ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Dreamweaver CC 18.0. When I want to prewiev a site this site doesn't come but this one http://127.0.0.1:49232/preview/app/index.html

normaly should come the prewiew of the site. What is the reason?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

I don't think that's a local server address, that looks more like Adobe's Live Preview address.

In the latest versions of DW, the old Preview in Browser has been a little buried and replaced with "Live Preview" when you hit F12. That new functionality uses Adobe's servers to show you your page, live, as you make edits, or at least it's supposed to. It's notoriously buggy.

You can still get to the old Preview in Browser (its name has changed to Open in Browser) by either right clicking the file nam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would imply you havent started your local server - MAMP, XAMPP etc?

To view a dynamic website locally you need to have your server running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your anwer, but from where can I get this local server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's a local server address, that looks more like Adobe's Live Preview address.

In the latest versions of DW, the old Preview in Browser has been a little buried and replaced with "Live Preview" when you hit F12. That new functionality uses Adobe's servers to show you your page, live, as you make edits, or at least it's supposed to. It's notoriously buggy.

You can still get to the old Preview in Browser (its name has changed to Open in Browser) by either right clicking the file name in the Files window, or if your documents are set as tabs, by right clicking the named tab for a given document and choosing "Open in Browser".

If you prefer Open in Browser, there is a way to modify the program to re-map the F12 key to the older preview style, it's relatively easy, but does require modifying a program file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jon+Fritz+II  wrote

Probably, I was just making a wild guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is solved now, but I don't know the reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Real-Time Preview, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

I use Right-Click, Open in Browser for previewing locally.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines