Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is dreamweaver so slow?

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

starting dreamweaver is very slow. I mean, Atom Editor opens in like 1-2s and you can use it like notepad to change fast some files. With Dreamweaver the open a file it takes about 10-20s.

Same with this forum, you click on the link and it takes like 20-30s till the page opens lol.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum is pretty much instant for me. If you're experiencing lag there, it could be any number of connectivity issues with your internet, ISP, region, etc.

As for DW opening files slowly, I also don't have this issue in the latest version, though admittedly, I don't use it often or with all file types...

Does it happen with all files, every time, even new blank documents? If it doesn't happen with new documents, have you tried saving a new blank document to the same location as the rest of your pages and opening from there?

Where are your files being stored? Are they on the same drive as DW, network drive, external HD, etc?

Have you tried any of the standard troubleshooting steps like clearing the program cache, restoring preferences or reinstalling using the Cleaner Tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

5ping(ms) to the ISP
5ms to 8.8.8.8
4-5ms to 1.1.1.1

adobe.com 45-46ms
forum.adobe.com 45-47ms
youtube.com, facebook.com 11-15ms

Modem = 109K download, 39k upload
My PC = 92K download, 37k upload
The modem is in stability mode, if i set it to max performance i will get 99-100k in my PC and flat 39.9k upload.

I don't see there any problem with my internet. All websites except adobe works with no issues and pages load very fast. Even while watching youtube in 4k. So i wouldn't say it's my PC's fault, more of Adobe's fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latency can occur when your local site folder contains an extrordinary number of files.  Try turning off Cache from your manage sites  panel.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines