Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WordPress Help Quick (please)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

So just now Ive gained massive exposure for my website in just the right place - to just the right people, and I just have one little problem with my website

on computers the website seems to work fine - but when you go on a mobile, and go into a project, for some reason the close button at the end doesn't work, which really sucks because it means lots of people would probably just give up after that.

for some reason, it does work if you scroll all the way up on a project, then scroll down without scrolling all the way down (if that makes sense). So if you scroll all the way down in one of the project pages, then try to close it, the close button doesn't work

heres the website:

www.theosparks.co.uk

I know its really messy in the coding - Im not a coder - I made the mistake of thinking I was a coder and trying to 'botch it' basically - one day in the future I will either hire someone who knows what the heck their doing, or just use one of those sites like weebly or whatever - but right now I just need this site to work in the most basic way - somewhere along the line I must have messed something up somehow - hopefully its an easy fix and one of you wizards out there can help me out (preferably without having a go at me for thinking im a coder when Im just a simple animator) - sorry in advance to those of you who try to help me out with this - and I would be eternally grateful to those who are up to the challenge.

Anyone whos remotely interested in my 'exposure' Im talking about - I just got a front page article on one of the most prestigious animation organisations in the world, with over a guaranteed 10,000 professionals in the industry who will be reading this article and checking out my (broken) website 😕

http://www.thechildrensmediaconference.com/blog/2018/07/08/sticking-to-your-dreams/

please please please and thank you thank you thank you,

Theo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

You are probably better advised posting your question in a wordpress user forum, as your site is wordpress based, uses bootstrap, and a number of wordpress plug-ins. Unfortunatly the combination of all those, and that the code is minified, makes it difficult to find and advise on how to fix as the actual problem could be in any of the wordpress files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably better advised posting your question in a wordpress user forum, as your site is wordpress based, uses bootstrap, and a number of wordpress plug-ins. Unfortunatly the combination of all those, and that the code is minified, makes it difficult to find and advise on how to fix as the actual problem could be in any of the wordpress files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The close buttons for your modal windows work fine for me on iPhone.

You really should fix your code errors though. They are one of the main causes of display/functionality issues between browsers/versions/platforms.

Go to http://validator.w3.org/nu to get a listing.

Simply repairing those issues listed may be all you need to get it up and running in the browsers that are currently failing, and if not, at least it will eliminate multiple possibilities so troubleshooting by forum members will be easier and faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine for me. 

Which devices & browsers are not working?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry nancy,

for some reason i cant get in this site on my mac some kind of password thing thats stuck on there,

I was wrong about the site - cookies O

Ive been working on my stiie for 2 days solid and i think the design is getting somewhere.. slowly..

one thing i desperately need for it to be as good as i want it.

right now in the sticker-mation section it slants to the right.. please let me know how to make it center -  would really help me out right now.

- - -

Also for some reason now the other projects have stopped working and I really cant find anything in there to fix it..

am getting to that point where its nearly done but just out of reach you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Dreamweaver forum, even though many of the regulars do not really use Dreamweaver anymore. Take pziecina's advice and seek help on a WordPress forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver and WordPress are not mutually exclusive.  A lot of developers use both .

If code is error-free and the detail pages are still not working, I would contact the WP Theme developer.

https://startbootstrap.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver and WordPress are not mutually exclusive.  A lot of developers use both.

Developers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry people, for some reason i cant get in this site on my mac some kind of password thing thats stuck on there,

I was wrong about the site - cookies O

Ive been working on my stiie for 2 days solid and i think the design is getting somewhere.. slowly..

one thing i desperately need for it to be as good as i want it.

right now in the sticker-mation section it slants to the right.. please let me know how to make it center -  would really help me out right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also for some reason now the other projects have stopped working and I really cant find anything in there to fix it..

am getting to that point where its nearly done but just out of reach you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines