Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WordPress source to Dreamweaver (image)

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, first time to post here!

I'm trying to 'clone' another website which was built in WordPress to Dreamweaver.  I'm fairly decent with coding (mostly VBA) and trying to figure out how to change this code:

data-image-7="http://www.theboudoircafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/cherie07-1.jpg"

to point at a path on my local host (E:\Photography\Amber\Share\Image1.jpg)

Changing the images from the original website to my own is the first thing I'm working on.  Is there anything else that might cause a snag from the WordPress to Dreamweaver coding?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Images in a WP site are either loaded through the theme code (wp-content/themes/name-of-your-active-theme), or via the back-end in a post or page.

Based on the link you provided, which links to uploads, that particular image was linked in the backend. And that is where you will need to change the link: insert an image, and choose "insert from URL".

If you need the site's behaviour/look to be adjusted, you must edit the active theme files. Based on your question, I assume you have no prior experien

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duanet66232082  wrote

Hey guys, first time to post here!

I'm trying to 'clone' another website which was built in WordPress to Dreamweaver.  I'm fairly decent with coding (mostly VBA) and trying to figure out how to change this code:

data-image-7="http://www.theboudoircafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/cherie07-1.jpg"

to point at a path on my local host (E:\Photography\Amber\Share\Image1.jpg)

Changing the images from the original website to my own is the first thing I'm working on.  Is there anything else that might cause a snag from the WordPress to Dreamweaver coding?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I dont know a lot about Wordpress but presumably you have a local devlopment server set up on your local machine which is running php, which Wordpress needs to function?

If you have I don't see why you're trying to link an image which is located on your E drive which is outside of the root folder of your website?

Maybe you could explain your set up a little more.

Theres is nothing really unexpected with the data-image-link you posted. The image is most likely being loaded by a 'lazy loading' Wordpress plugin of some description.

If you clone the Wordpress website and have it running in a local php environment changing the data-link-image to a local image link should work, assuming you have the image in the same folder as the rest of your website, in your case the Photography folder should be in your local website folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "E" drive was already in my clipboard when i was typing my post last night, so the path was theoretical. I have a subfolder titled "images" within the file which holds the html. After changing what was within the quotation marks in the wordpress code to the path of a jpg in "images" i received a blank screen.

I also tried linking an image using "image-source..." to an image i had in my file manager on the host server. It placed the image in the corner of the page but was very small and not where i wanted it. And was static instead of being part of the slideshow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Images in a WP site are either loaded through the theme code (wp-content/themes/name-of-your-active-theme), or via the back-end in a post or page.

Based on the link you provided, which links to uploads, that particular image was linked in the backend. And that is where you will need to change the link: insert an image, and choose "insert from URL".

If you need the site's behaviour/look to be adjusted, you must edit the active theme files. Based on your question, I assume you have no prior experience with WP theme development (or editing). VBA will not help you here: you will need basic PHP knowledge and a reasonable understanding of how WP themes work and are structured, including basic WP PHP functions. Without these foundations, you are groping in the dark.

Learn more about WP theme development on the official WP Codex documentation site:

Theme Development « WordPress Codex

As for using Dreamweaver to edit a WP site: the only thing you should be working with are the theme files. Do not create a DW project/site based on the entire WP installation folder. Only point DW to the active theme folder you are editing.

Lastly, to develop or edit themes ideally requires a LAMP stack such as XAMPP, WAMP, or MAMP installed on your machine. Simple changes can be made by editing the online theme files, but you risk losing those changes when an update for that particular theme is released, which will overwrite the edits you made. Which means you will at the very least have to create a child theme based on the original to prevent this from happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines