Highlighted

Workflows for creating multipage course material

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have to create some course content to be delivered as web pages. I plan to use Dreamweaver and style sheets to keep it really simple. However I have a lot of content to write and compile and I don't believe Dreamweaver is the right tool to write the content in.

So I'm looking for past experiences of suitable workflows for managing mutlipage content in one place, and converting it to basic HTML with CSS

I have tried copying and pasting from Word into Dreamweaver and this seems to work ok. Linked CSS file will override default styles etc so minimum messing around in Dreamweaver to apply a style. But I'm not keen on Word for writing the content in. 

Just wondering what experiences people have where you're creating a large hierarchical content piece that is to be converted into single web pages with some kind of Table of Contents. I was wondering if Dreamweaver is even the right tool for this. Copying and pasting page contents seems very clunky and prone to error. Ideally I'd have some other tool where I can manage the content, that exports simple HTML that can be easily modified with style sheets without hours of rework.

Any experience doing this? I'm particularly keen on Scrivener for the writing part but not sure how well it will export to HTML or if thats possible.

Thank you

Topics

How to, Import and export, Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Workflows for creating multipage course material

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have to create some course content to be delivered as web pages. I plan to use Dreamweaver and style sheets to keep it really simple. However I have a lot of content to write and compile and I don't believe Dreamweaver is the right tool to write the content in.

So I'm looking for past experiences of suitable workflows for managing mutlipage content in one place, and converting it to basic HTML with CSS

I have tried copying and pasting from Word into Dreamweaver and this seems to work ok. Linked CSS file will override default styles etc so minimum messing around in Dreamweaver to apply a style. But I'm not keen on Word for writing the content in. 

Just wondering what experiences people have where you're creating a large hierarchical content piece that is to be converted into single web pages with some kind of Table of Contents. I was wondering if Dreamweaver is even the right tool for this. Copying and pasting page contents seems very clunky and prone to error. Ideally I'd have some other tool where I can manage the content, that exports simple HTML that can be easily modified with style sheets without hours of rework.

Any experience doing this? I'm particularly keen on Scrivener for the writing part but not sure how well it will export to HTML or if thats possible.

Thank you

Topics

How to, Import and export, Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a secure Admin section for your site, add this editor, do your work and save to database.

The public area of the website can be scripted to populate the page using the database.

Easy to Search, Create, Read, Update, Delete - SCRUD

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think DW is probably the wrong tool for this.

*Adobe Captivate is designed specifically for e-Learning & course building. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/captivate.html

*Robo Help is specifically designed for creating dynamic Help, Policy and Knowledgbase content. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp.html

*Captivate and Robo Help are sold separately, NOT included in Creative Cloud.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Learn Resources
Add a group