Highlighted

YouTube embed video player size still too small

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A really simple but irritating problem. I am trying to embed a YouTube video in a simple HTML page with Dreamweaver, defining the player window to be larger. But no matter what I do, the player window is too small!

Here is the code I am using:

<iframe width=“1280" height=“720” src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6c8Sfgte0VA"VQ=hd1080 frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it's within a table which should be large enough.

But it looks silly and puny on the livesite: http://bigmyth.com/myths/english/2_zulu_full.htm

Please help! Lots of people are complaining.

Thank you.

Fiona

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

I don't know what caused the corruption, or specifically what needs to be fixed, but it's always best to scan your system for issues when you see something like that pop up and let your hosting company know "something" is happening between their computer and yours. 

It could be something as simple as an errant copy/paste with special characters to malware or viruses. It's hard to say, but the garbled text is definitely the issue in the uploaded page.

TOPICS
Browser, Code, How to, Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

YouTube embed video player size still too small

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A really simple but irritating problem. I am trying to embed a YouTube video in a simple HTML page with Dreamweaver, defining the player window to be larger. But no matter what I do, the player window is too small!

Here is the code I am using:

<iframe width=“1280" height=“720” src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6c8Sfgte0VA"VQ=hd1080 frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it's within a table which should be large enough.

But it looks silly and puny on the livesite: http://bigmyth.com/myths/english/2_zulu_full.htm

Please help! Lots of people are complaining.

Thank you.

Fiona

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

I don't know what caused the corruption, or specifically what needs to be fixed, but it's always best to scan your system for issues when you see something like that pop up and let your hosting company know "something" is happening between their computer and yours. 

It could be something as simple as an errant copy/paste with special characters to malware or viruses. It's hard to say, but the garbled text is definitely the issue in the uploaded page.

TOPICS
Browser, Code, How to, Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what the browser sees:

BenPleysier_0-1593174195534.png

This is what happens with the correct dimensions:

BenPleysier_1-1593174276523.png

Click on the image to enlarge

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 1
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of your page appears to be corrupt. The width and height settings of the uploaded page are...

width=“1120" height=“630”

I would scan my local system for malware and have the hosting company check the server.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jon! Wow, never occurred to me... how do I fix this? Do I need to call Network Solutions, the host, and have them move everything to a secure environment? Or do I just load everything to a different folder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope! The dudes at Network Solutions knew the answer. The quotation marks were the problem (who knew??). Apparently the quotes around the iframe command have to be straight up and down " and not rounded (no idea how that might have happened). So, once those are updated, it's all solved. Thanks so much for your help, no one could have seen this coming.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0