Highlighted

Zipped project files [was: Help]

New Here ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Topic edited for clarity by moderator.]

When I zip my files into a folder, they do not work because the CSS style of my website is lost. My website and all the other files that go with it only work on my flash drive. They do not work when I just open the files from a zip Compressed folder.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

You cannot view compressed files.  Sorry.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Zipped project files [was: Help]

New Here ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Topic edited for clarity by moderator.]

When I zip my files into a folder, they do not work because the CSS style of my website is lost. My website and all the other files that go with it only work on my flash drive. They do not work when I just open the files from a zip Compressed folder.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 31, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the links that you are using for CSS relative to the document. For example, if you have a folder called "css" with a file called "example.css" that you have a link in your document to "css/example.css"?

Also, have you decompressed the zip on the other computer or are you zipping them and trying to view the files compressed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 1
New Here ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, all of my files are in one folder. I don’t have a separate CSS folder, or Image folder. Then when I go To zip all the files up. The CSS style doesn’t show. So my website look

plain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I have zipped them and I’m trying to view them while they are compressed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 0
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 1
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zipped files don't work until you unzip everything with a decompression utility like Winzip or StuffIt.  Have you done that?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have not

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 0