• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Version information Pro Vs Standard

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we deploy Acrobat 2017 via SCCM, is there any possibility (except the License Informations in the c:\ProgramData\regid.1986-12.adobe\ Swidtag File)

SCCM cannot read the informations of this file, and after isntallation we cannot find any other difference.

Is there any registry key to detect the pro vs the Standard Installation?

Thanks for the reply

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

i have found something new...

in C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{AC76BA86-1033-FFFF-7760-0E1108756300}\ is the .mst file found which is used to install.

as i use the same Installation with different .mst files, this can be an indocator for the Installation..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i have written: SCCM is not able to detect informations in a file, which is described in the article!

the only difference i can see is in the swidtag File as described in the article.

we use the same installer with different Serials, which are only detectable in the swidtag file as far as i have found.

are there really no other differences? Does Acrobat use this file everytime at Startup to detect if it is an Pro or Standard Installation?

is it not hold in any registry Key?

the link to the Enterprise guide is known before....

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same software. Acrobat must recheck the license. If there was a registry key checked instead, people could use it to get a free upgrade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so there is no possibility to check the installed Software, which Version is installed without checking this ... File?

this means manual at 70 Clients???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious why SCCM needs to know, since presumably the patches and installs are the same. Your license management needs to know but presumably tracked this already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

our license Management Needs to know and they ask for SCCM Reports... so SCCM has to know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i had known bevor the rollout, that there is no chance i would have made a manual reg Key to find out which Version is installed (or a Txt File), but now there is the only Chance to find out via CIs and baselines, and then manually shift the Pro Clients to a Collection.

i have found out that ithere is a reg key, which Points to the installer Files, where i can find out which mst is used to install. therewith it is possible to manage this for me.

I hoped it would be easier...

Bad Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Questions on using SCCM to check  on a file's existence were recommended to use DCM. Report to SCCM if a file exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

therefore i should find a different file, or define a file Prior the Installation---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have found something new...

in C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{AC76BA86-1033-FFFF-7760-0E1108756300}\ is the .mst file found which is used to install.

as i use the same Installation with different .mst files, this can be an indocator for the Installation..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no go, no such path location given the install method used. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines