• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Licensing Issue

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently converted from serialized Adobe Acrobat DC to named-user licensing.  On my MAC, I was able to sign-in using my organizational account and "license" Adobe Acrobat DC.  After I closed the program and attempted to re-open Acrobat, I get the dreaded Sorry, Something went wrong error box and am unable to use Adobe Acrobat at all.  The error box suggests signing out and signing back in again, which would be wonderful if I had that option, but since Acrobat will not open, I cannot get that far.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Acrobat DC to no avail.  This is on a 2017 MBP running Catalina with 16GB of RAM and plenty of HD space.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

nate

[Moving to the Enterprise forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

I agree...I should have also been able to re-download the entire app from the Adobe Cloud portal and expect it to work, but it did not.  The installation hangs at 9.2%.  

I was able to solve this issue by deleting the com.Adobe files from ~\Library\Preferences and re-install.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

fwiw, I was able to fix this without reinstalling. Launched InDesign (or any other CC App), and signed out of Adobe. Then deleted ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe. Launched Acrobat, which was surprisingly still signed in. Relaunched InDesign and had to login to Adobe. 

Seems to have fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to sign in without starting Acrobat, using the Creative Cloud app, unless it is blocked in your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree...I should have also been able to re-download the entire app from the Adobe Cloud portal and expect it to work, but it did not.  The installation hangs at 9.2%.  

I was able to solve this issue by deleting the com.Adobe files from ~\Library\Preferences and re-install.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fwiw, I was able to fix this without reinstalling. Launched InDesign (or any other CC App), and signed out of Adobe. Then deleted ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe. Launched Acrobat, which was surprisingly still signed in. Relaunched InDesign and had to login to Adobe. 

Seems to have fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines