• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC usage report

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to see how many users are actively using the subscription Adobe Acrobat so that I an effectively manage the licenses.  There is no reporting capability, or at least none that I can find. 

When will we have access to these reporting capabilities?

TOPICS
Admin console , Enterprise , Teams , Users and groups

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

I don't believe that this capability is available. You can sign in to the Admin Console and leave your feedback/feature request. There is a link on the bottom-right of the Overview tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe do not give this feature. It would be, I think, hard to justify to their management, as it's hard to see there would be any result except less revenue... presumably you want it so you could spend less...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that this capability is available. You can sign in to the Admin Console and leave your feedback/feature request. There is a link on the bottom-right of the Overview tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a request that pops up on a recurring basis and is an obvious need.    Other SaaS/software suppliers routinely supply even basic information (such as last login date).    Adobe says they cant.   I speculate that they have done analysis on the data and know that it means one thing - - fewer licenses sold.   Anecdotally, Adobe made the mistake of disabling a number of our serial keys several years ago.   In so doing - they shut off all of our users.    Since we were able to quickly re-provision upon request the turmoil created was relatively modest when compared to the benefit we ultimately realized which was that we were approximately 25% over-subscribed.   If our one-off instance is any example . . . . . . providing utilization data to customers would have significant consequences to Adobe revenue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you have the solution…

I, for my part, 2 months before renewal, I send out an e-mail to my users and their bosses, to ask if they still need the software.

To get accounting data, you need to use a third-party software.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asking who needs a service gets a very different result than just turning it off.    Customers will say "I need something" - when they only utilize it rarely (or even never).    Turning it off - some percentage will never notice (because they dont use it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can turn it off for everybody at the end of the subscription. They get an e-mail, that they have been removed. They will complain. The boss pays their licence via his allocated budget.

This reminds me of 35 years ago, when I Vice president asked people, who wanted a PC, if they can't share the PC hour wise.

Especially with Acrobat, I use Acrobat 75% or more of the time as a simple reader. Acrobat Reader would be enough. And you can never check, if the user uses Acrobat as reader or differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in our case - when we turned off 100% - 25% never requested it back.  If you are using it 75% of the time - THAT'S great - phenominal - no manager in his or her right mind would mess iwth that.   I'm interested in licenses which havent been touched in 90 days or 6 months.

This reminds me of software services 40 years ago - - - when the supplier of the software couldnt tell you anything about usage (including how many times it had been installed).   Unfortunately, we know Adobe has advanced their capability(ies) considerably - - or at least we hope they have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

75% I use Acrobat DC like I would use Acrobat Reader… Acrobat Reader is a free software! And I would guess, it's probably more.

On my Unix machines I had an accounting program, showing me, which user used which software for how long (CPU, runtime). That was part of the OS. And that is as it should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines