Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Blocked by GPO shortly after opening

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

I am having difficulty fixing an issue with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC where it closes shortly after opening after reporting it has been restricted by GPO. I have added every associated EXE I can find to the permitted list for restricted users and made sure none are listed under not permitted. I have also double checked GPO settings in general, not seeing any obvious restriction to finesse a bit further. Event Viewer is not yielding any useful information.

Per Microsoft, I am trying to download the License Repair Tool: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/ea718d3b-1c4c-47fa-95f2-1f3df88d46a1

It appears to be unavailable. I am trying to resolve this matter as expediently as possible and would appreciate your assistance. Thank You.

TOPICS
Acrobat , Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Could you please whitelist all the subfolders and processes at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC' in the GPO because it appears that it could be child process launched by Reader DC is getting blocked by GPO.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please whitelist all the subfolders and processes at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC' in the GPO because it appears that it could be child process launched by Reader DC is getting blocked by GPO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fixed the problem Yash_Mathur, thank you. A pity we can't figure out what specifically was being blocked but good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines