• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe app windows 7 compatibility (CCT Membership)

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone.

i'm opening this thread in order to understand weather or not certain app will lose Win7 compatibility in the future.

right now, premier and after effect are not compatible anymore.

will Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop lose compatibility too in the future.

i have to know this because i'm running on an enterprise solution, and if we are going to lose vital softwares i need totell the ICt dpt way before the issue becomes real.

thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Windows 7 is EOL in January 2019, Adobe CC 2019 apps are still compatible with Windows 7 SP1, but going forward with the next release of Adobe CC them versions may not be available from the CC app, new releases are usually released around November

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so it is possible that by november 2020 all CC pps will not be compatible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's more than likely, older version will still work but they may be considered unauthorised

More info

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe do not support their apps on an unsupported system. So it will not be supported. The only question is whether the app or installer will check? I think it is likely. And, when? Perhaps on the next major upgrade, perhaps there will be a special compulsory update.  If you choose to stay on a dead system don't expect to be able to run current apps. Yes, I do know why you want to stay on Windows 7!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not me that wants to stay on win7.

it's an enterprise policy from the company i work for.

as mosts systems runs catia, and migrating the whole catia database to run on win10 is a pain in the ass, migration to win10 is not being considered yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you can say to the company for certain is that some Creative Cloud apps no longer run in Windows 7, and Adobe won't guarantee their future. The company aren't likely to be too upset if you can't run the latest CC, I imagine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the problem is that until you have the app installed it runs.. if the pc gets a reset or a format you will not be able to install the app.. also, certain versions are being discontinued, so the license is not finding authorization via CCapp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines