• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC: Conflicts between enterprise edition and individual edition

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Adobe CC enterprise edition (provided from my university) until recently. Now I have to switch to my individual edition because the latest macOS Catalina doesn't support app installers that contain 32bit components and the university's IT administrator won't seem to provide 64bit installers. (Enterprise apps can only be installed through the installers provided from the IT administrator)

When I switch from enterprise account to individual account the Adobe CC manager keeps telling me I need permissions from my IT administrator to install additional apps, which doesn't make any sense because I already signed out once and signed in again to my individual account.

Do I have to unsubscribe my enterprise account to use my individual account? I'm fine with unsubscribing the enterprise version but since the IT administrator hesitates to give support on Adobe CC I'm worried I won't be able to use Adobe CC until the license expires next April.

TOPICS
Licensing , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing the details with me. 

I can see you have now purchased a new subscription, were you able to install and activate the apps with this new subscription? 

Are you still facing conflict issues?

If yes, then I would recommend you to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app from your machine manually and then run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and remove its components installed on your machine: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have reviewed the Adobe ID you have utilized to post here and found there were two individual subscriptions purchased with this ID and both are canceled. 

Is there any Adobe ID (email address) you might have used to purchase the individual subscription? If yes, kindly share that with me in a personal message. 

Also, please make sure the Adobe ID's for your Enterprise account and Individual account is different.

To send a personal message, follow the steps given here: How to send 'Personal Message' to someone in the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is yet certified for Catalina. Far too early to upgrade anyway. Suggest you roll back and stay with the university. They may catch up in a few months, but I wouldn't count on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details with me. 

I can see you have now purchased a new subscription, were you able to install and activate the apps with this new subscription? 

Are you still facing conflict issues?

If yes, then I would recommend you to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app from your machine manually and then run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and remove its components installed on your machine: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

All the steps are shared in the above help document, let me know if you have any questions about the steps listed. 

Thanks, 

Bani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I ran the uninstallation app and the CC cleaner tool I was able to successfully install and open apps from Adobe CC manager for my individual account!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! thanks for sharing the update.

For any further queries related to your Creative Cloud individual subscription please use the following board 'Get Started', experts there will be able to help you better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I managed to switch to my individual account on my laptop but the solution did not work for my desktop computer. I solved by deleting "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml" and signing in again to Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app if someone is still struggling with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines