• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC repair command

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing an installation for the CC via Jamf for all of our users and every system it's installed on needs to be repaired. I was wondering if anybody knew the command line repair so that I could just script it into the installer and have it as a separate package for when the CC breaks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS​ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you expand on what you mean by 'repair' ? Is the issue with the licensing, the application or something else? What is the problem you are running into?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I run the repair of the Creative Cloud itself. When I install the application from Jamf it tries to launch and says that it needs a repair in order to function. So I would like to script in running a repair when it's installed. No licensing problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the issue in this document you are encountering? Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged

The fix here is essentially to reinstall the Desktop App, so you could build an Desktop App only package and roll that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fix is not viable as this is being housed in Jamf to install because our users are not given admin rights. Also this is going to 80+ systems so I'm not going to manually repair them all each time it occurs. A repair fixes the issue, but users cannot run it, so I would just like the command line to repair and then I can make a script available to them from Jamf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If option 2 (uninstall/install) is a solution that works it should be an easy task for Jamf.

A simple Self Service item that will allow the users to re-apply it when ever needed.

Or I guess you could use Composer or similar to track the changes if you prefer that.

If you do prefer a script perhaps you can reach out to Adobe support directly. With 80+ installs some sort of support agreement must be part of the deal.

Just some ideas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall/reinstall is not a very good option as the uninstaller that comes with CC rarely works and requires the Adobe Cleaner Tool to run to adequately remove it, which I prefer not to do. I would really just like a command line for running repair.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sad to hear you've encountered issues with the uninstaller. That's not my personal experience.

I'd go for Adobe Support then. Or Composer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines