• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Federated ID vs personal Adobe ID, and how much control the user has in each?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Layout and Design Adobe products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)- versions 2021 on MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave. We recently added Adobe Asset Link and had to switch over from personal Adobe IDs, to Federated IDs.

Up till now I've been able to choose whether or not I want to keep only the most recent copy of the programs on my system, or keep two if I wish. I work for a fairly large company and I'm wondering if that control will go away once we stop paying for the original personal licenses and only have the Federated ones, (assuming that they are two different licenses that we are paying for and that the former will go away). Also wondering if, once we are solely on Federated, whether we will still have the ability to upgrade when we wish or if we will be dependent on the administrators of the Federated IDs to upgrade our programs when they choose to.

And, I assume that access to our Adobe IDs will go away when the personal accounts go away?

TOPICS
Enterprise , Identity and SSO , Licensing , Users and groups

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Hello,

The accounts are not related to how you install applications on your machine. It helps you in activating the licenses you are entitled to. Once the creative cloud license is active, you can install the latest and one backward version on your machine using the desktop app. 

It depends on the organization's policy whether the admin has given permission to the end-users to update the apps or managing it separately.

You will get the information on account types here: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/admin-guide.html/enterprise/using/set-up-identity.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The accounts are not related to how you install applications on your machine. It helps you in activating the licenses you are entitled to. Once the creative cloud license is active, you can install the latest and one backward version on your machine using the desktop app. 

It depends on the organization's policy whether the admin has given permission to the end-users to update the apps or managing it separately.

You will get the information on account types here: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/admin-guide.html/enterprise/using/set-up-identity.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines