• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Printer Driver Server Licensing

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As part of a service offered by the company I work for, we convert an HTML document into a PDF. Currently, we use a third party app to do this, but it no longer meets our needs. Through Adobe Acrobat DC, I'm able to set up the Adobe PDF printer as the default printer on my system, and set the output folder so all printed PDFs are sent to this folder automatically. Then, all I have to do is print from my application and it will automatically print without a prompt. It works great. However, I don't know what the licensing requirements are to put this functionality on a server.

In short, what license/product would I need to buy to set up a single server with the Adobe PDF printer driver? Literally, all I need to do is print to PDF and that's it. I've searched for a simple answer, but haven't come across it yet. Thank you.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe sales. They should be able to answer  based on the details you provide to them.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not convinced there is any such Adobe product. Years ago (over 10) a product called Distiller Server existed, which was exactly what you describe. It was discontinued. After many name changes it ended up being part of a product called LiveCycle PDF Generator, which did much more (such as Office and HTML conversion). Now LiveCycle is discontinued. Apparently the whole bundle of LiveCycle products are now included in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) but everything I've found about it is web marketing gloss, no price list or technical info.

A product, not made by Adobe but by Callas (who contribute the Preflight engine in Adobe Acrobat Pro), is pdfGoHTML. This doesn't just make PDF, it makes tagged PDF and may help meet legal accessibility requirements. Described here: https://www.callassoftware.com/en/products/pdfgohtml - but this is an Acrobat plug-in and hence still no use to you. HOWEVER, Callas also make pdfAPilot in server, CLI and SDK versions, which MIGHT do what you want. Anyway, it's worth a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines