• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe premiere pro won't reopen

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already installed and used premiere, and its listed under my installed apps in the creative cloud. but now that i'm trying to start a new project and need to open the app again, it literally won't open. i've clicked the open button but nothing happens. do i need to update the entire creative cloud? I'm worried that any updates won't be compatible with my mac. Help would be greatly appreciated, project is a school assignment due this week. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall premiere including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will that delete the projects I alreay have in there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.  it will reset any custom settings like shortcuts, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version is installed and what's your os version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my mac is OS cateline, version 10.15.3, and the adobe i currently have is version 22.6.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's the last version compatible with your os.  so, compatibility is not the problem.

adobe released an update, but you shouldn't see that in your desktop app because it's not compatible with your os and the cc app only offers compatible apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for some reason it won't uninstall either, the same thing as with the open button. I click it, and then nothing happens. I think I'll just try to use my school's computer lab and see if I can get everything done there. thanks for the help though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.  we can still use the adobe cleaner to remove your premiere.  if you have no other adobe apps installed:

uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, will do once my files are synced. thanks for your time! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.  keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mira27625223xz1z,

The version is compatible with your MAC, see the following link

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/system-requirements/previous-versions.html#earlier-versions-...

Do as @kglad mentioned that might help. I will also move this discussion to Premiere Pro forum for more suggestions, in case the already suggested ideas don't work

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, will do. thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think it's updated somehow to a verion that is not compatible with my device, even though I have auto updates off. is there a way to "unupdate" or use an older version of the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines