Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe programs have no connection to the server

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear forum,

I have a very strange problem with a customer. I cannot access the Adobe servers via the Adobe applications, i.e. the online setup does not work and therefore the activation of licenses does not work either. Now we have tried the whole thing on a PC of the customer in various networks, both in the office and at home as well as in the mobile network. It did not work in any of the networks. A firewall rule can therefore be ruled out. Then we tested the whole thing on the same device with a local user instead of an AD user. There it finally worked. But of course the user wants to work with his AD user. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the AD user to not be able to connect to Adobe's servers? I have also done the test with other AD users and had the same problem. The Windows Firewall also has no special entries and allows all outgoing connections. I am looking forward to any feedback. Thanks in advance

Emre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

So after running Wireshark and analyzing all connections to Adobes servers I found the solution.

Adobe replies to some requests from the computer with TLS 1.1 encryption. But TLS 1.1 was deactivated in the Internet Options of the computers in the domain. I reactivated it and could connect to Adobe and activate the software. Maybe somebody from Adobe could write this in their Wiki so nobody else has this problem in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a teams or enterprise account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the account matter? I'm not even getting to the point to enter any account details, it tells me right from the start of Adobe Acrobat that there is a connection issue and the application closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trouble shooting steps can vary depending on account type.

but you need not respond. an adobe employee checked your account type and moved your post to a more appropriate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I see, sorry for that and thanks to the employee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem, (and hopefully someone here responds to your post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that in this case the account type matters. It's good to know, but the basic troubleshooting remains the same.

I'd also try and rule out Antivirus or any other security software that may prevent accessing the servers. Or it could be something as basic as a mismatched clock. Can you start with the steps outlined to troubleshoot connectivity issues: 

You've already ruled out the Firewall, but here is the list of all the Network Endpoints.

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after running Wireshark and analyzing all connections to Adobes servers I found the solution.

Adobe replies to some requests from the computer with TLS 1.1 encryption. But TLS 1.1 was deactivated in the Internet Options of the computers in the domain. I reactivated it and could connect to Adobe and activate the software. Maybe somebody from Adobe could write this in their Wiki so nobody else has this problem in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you had tls 1.2 activated, but not tls 1.1 and that caused the problem? ie, you need both tls 1.1 and tls 1.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines