Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Update Server Setup Tool - Restriction of Updates

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together,

I would like to implement the AUSST in our company.

I think it´s a great tool to optimize the rollout of new updates.

Because we have a lot of different locations and IT-departments I want to restrict the Updates.
So that every location / user is always on the same CC Version.

Is it possible to restrict the versions of the CC-Apps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/package/help/update-server-setup-tool.html

Best regards,

Bjarne

TOPICS
Admin console , Manage account

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Hello,

Yes, you can use AUSST to manage/restrict the updates. You can also check this help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes, you can use AUSST to manage/restrict the updates. You can also check this help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only this actually worked; I disable updates when I download the files from the Admin Console, I load the admin dat file on each system - and yet Creative Cloud still trys to update. Support continues to say "this is not possibe" dispite me showing evidence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The restriction is set for the CC apps, not for the creative cloud desktop app. There is no option to disable or suppress the updates for the creative cloud desktop app. To update it, you can create a managed package from the admin console selecting the creative cloud app only and install/deploy it on the user's machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply; better than anything support has ever said.

Though it shows just how out of touch Adobe are when it come to managed environments - we do not allow our users to self update any software. Yet CC comes along, tries to update - fails and then gets stuck in a loop that results in the admin (me) having to completly uninstall some or all of Creative Cloud to get it working again .. until the next time it decides it wants to update.

All while I am blindly downloading the CC Desktop app from the admin console hoping it has been updated to the version that is trying to download onto the users system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines