• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Won't Remove (and Stop Charging) for Extra, Unwanted License

Participant ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone here encountered the problem of getting Adobe to stop charging for extra licenses that you have removed from your account?

I am the owner of my law firm—and the plan administrator. For some three months now, my office manager and I have tried to remove an extra Acrobat license we no longer need. On the last occasion (Sept. 28), I personally logged onto the Adobe website (while my office manager watched) and removed the Acrobat license.

Now I just got another bill for the month to come ... and the extra license is back up there. Before I consult with the attorney general's division for consumer fraud or take some other dramatic step, can I ask who else might have dealt with this ... or who could tell me what subtle cancellation nuance I'm missing?

We're getting pretty angry over here.

Tom

TOPICS
Licensing , Manage account , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your subscription can be changed on your renewal date.  so, if you subscribed for 10 licenses on 10/23/21, and tried to removed one on 7/23/22,  you would continue to pay for 10 until your renewal data 10/23/22.  it's during your renewal period that you would inform adobe that you want to change you licensing terms from 10 to 9 users.

if you need further clarification, contact adobe support by using the contact tab of your admin console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. Of course I did. In fact, I was on hold with them while I posted the thread above. I gave up after 30 minutes. They didn't even offer the courtesy of a recorded message estimating my wait time or telling me where I stood in their queue. For all I knew, I would have sat there for hours.

The automated chat didn't work either. It kept claiming it "didn't understand" my query and wanting me to explain it another way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The automated chat didn't work either. It kept claiming it "didn't understand" my query and wanting me to explain it another way.

By @Tom_Alongi

Type "cancel licence":

Abambo_0-1666540668314.pngAbambo_1-1666540687542.png

I've just tried that with https://adminconsole.adobe.com/support.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps. I do appreciate your effort at an answer, though, and I should have said so from the start. Thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one can do that for you here.  you need to handle your subscription via that contact link.

but do note, you wouldn't expect your charges/license decrease until your renewal date.  and it's at that time, you need to notify adobe of the decrease in subscriptions.  ie, if your subscription renewed 3 months ago and that's when you notified adobe of the change, you need to contact them to remedy the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you definitely using the Contact tab of the admin console? I ask because your reply sounds like you are going to the normal customer channels, rather than the team/enterprise support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure I did, but I don't mind making sure. Thanks. 

I am aware of the renewal period issue, too. That's not the problem, but it's my fault for not making that clear in my original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let us know the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines