• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Business & Personal account update is a huge pain point.

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the update to the team subscription model, we've had a ton of issues with logins, app access, and file sync, leading to a ton of lost time (this writeup included.)

- The login process is confusing and unintuitive, and doesn't function correctly most of the time (often unable to select correct account for app access, even after logging out everywhere and closing all browsers).

- Login through Google doesn't work correctly if you have a personal Gmail that's not set up- it will default to the unused email and not give you an option to select a different account, instead locking you into to a new-account setup. Why even give me the option to log in with an account that doesn't do anything or have subscription access?

- Logging in on account.adobe.com simply shows a "free plan" despite being part of a business plan with assigned license for CC All Apps. There is no option anywhere to switch to or show the fact that I'm part of a paid business plan. Users should be able to easily switch to the correct workspace, if that's the model you're going to use. (Feels sort of like a scammy cash grab, like Adobe is trying to trick users into subscribing when they already have access.)

File syncing, naturally, is tied to these issues; now I'm stuck without necessary files and will be wasting time driving into the office, defeating the purpose of cloud storage. Very frustrated. 

TOPICS
Admin console , Business ID , Manage account , Services and storage , Teams , Users and groups

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out. We'll pass your feedback on to the product teams.

For what it's worth, try the following. It'll streamline the sign-in experience a bit.

1. Update the apps to the latest versions, if not already updated. 
  2. Switch off "Automatic profile selection". This will ensure that users are prompted to choose a profile everytime they sign in. https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/manage-adobe-profiles.html 

After you've disabled, automatic file selection you should be able to access your files. Rest assured that your files are safe in the cloud. You can also manually transfer assets from one profile to another. 

accounts.adobe.com should have dispalyed both the personal/free and teams plans. Can you check on the Admin Console that users have an active plan assigned to them?

Do let us know if this makes it a bit easier to access your apps and services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikrant, thanks for the reply.

I've tried solutions 1/2 following a chat with customer service yesterday; regardless of whether Auto Profile Selection is on or off, it's very hit or miss. It does tend to let me choose if everything is signed out (via the account page) and all programs and browsers are closed, but that's not very streamlined to require every time, especially when working between multiple devices.

Accounts.adobe.com SOMETIMES displays the full team plan, but if I try right now, it only displays my name@company.com "Individual" page, and there's no clear way (or any way I can find) to navigate to the admin panel. 

I can log out, log back in, and select the Team profile under the same name@company.com email, and then access the admin console and see my paid plan, but that begs the question -- what's the purpose of a secondary account with no app access and no clear tie to the Team? Can I delete the Individual account so it doesn't repeatedly log me in to that useless default? 

It seems like the idea may have been to allow users to be added to an Adobe Team via their personal email, and be able to choose between using their personal license and the business license (which I assume is fairly common for anyone who freelances in addition to a day job, like myself), but the perhaps unexpected consequence is that instead, I have 2 accounts under a company email, one of which is useless, and 1 account under a personal email, and switching between them is a nightmare. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This change is an absolute nightmare. I signed in last night to my account, accidentally misclicked some new popup, got locked out of my acccount for 10 minutes (I really didn't appreciate that by the way, as I was under a time crunch to get something done), and now I have two profiles, one of which actually HAS the licenses I bought and paid for, and the other original profile which now has all of my Adobe Stock asset credits, but NO subscription plans.

Yet when I look at the licenses on the Team profile, the Personal profile is already assigned the license. So I can't assign it the cloud subscription.

Yet the Personal profile cannot access any apps, and when logging into the Personal profile, it says it is on the Free plan.

What the hell happened? How do I actually use the software I paid for? Can I leave this absurd system and revert to how it was before? This is preventing me from doing any work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever get a resolve from this - i feel like i am pulling my hair out trying to get this fixed - and keep getting passed from agent to agent who all seem unaware of this issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this isn't "easier". It's not even very well thought out apparently, based on the goths at the gates. I now have a company teams account and all my users are raising hell over 1. being logged out abitrarily, 2. Getting a trial popup to purchase and 3. confusing them all with the "easier" personal vs business profile. This needs to be addressed ASAP. The Admin should be able to assign an account and the user should never have to deal with that profile thing.

You want the 2022 NFL Draft presentations screwed up? Because this is how you get it screwed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During last night's migraton, my 1TB of Teams storage was uncoupled from my account and given my new "Business Profile". But, I am working on film sharing 350GB of assests with my Premiere Pro Team.  Now, my storage on my Teams account has been cut down to 100GB.    When I log into my Business account, which appears to be a brand new account, with 1TB of storage.... I see none of my Teams projects available to open! (There is apparently now way to transfrer Teams projects between profiles if the emails are the same on both the personal and business accounts) 

So,  I can open the teams project in my Personal profile, but with only 100GB of storage. unable to add files for my Team to use.   Support says they'll call within 48 hrs.   I hope they can fix this without a lot of workarounds.    Other than than, I can simply upgrade storage to 1TB for $9.99, but why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same Problem. Have a Deadline on Monday and Support is sleeping over the Weekend.

#WTF Adobe!?

What I can see so far is that u have to Migrate by yourself. When? I have to work.

That's so ridicolous and I'm completely upset and angry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very similar problem too, purchased a 1tb expansion on my account last year and now I have 1tb of storage on 1 profile with no app access and then all app access with only 200gb of storage. This is a nightmare. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is ANYONE al ADOBE reading this!  This is obviously a nightmare and they don't seem to care...

I hve spent the last hour trying to log into the "correct" account for the software I need and it won't even give me an option... completely frustrating!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may quit. I can never sign in anymore. I waste way too much time accessing adobe stock now. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jennifer34513695gi4z 

what problem are you having and what account type(s) do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines