• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Remote Update Manager (RUM) control the application versions during update (version control)?

Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,  I would like to deploy Remote Upgrade Manager (RUM) to desktops. Then I would like to continuously run it (like auto pilot).  However, I want to control the version that the  applications are upgrading to. for instance, I may want to upgrade Adobe PhotoShop to v21.1.1, not v21.1.2. I prefer to test new applications versions before deploying to all users.  Please let me know if there a switch, command, or funciton, that will help control the app version for  (PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Acrobat, when being updated by RUM on supported Windows Operating Systems.  Thanks for your help everone

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Hello,

RemoteUpdateManager can target particular major versions of applications if you specify them on the command line (e.g. PHSP#20.0 or PHSP#21.0, where the .0 denotes "the latest version from that major release"), but you cannot target a minor release as in your example, unfortunately. You can only update to the latest version of the applications which are installed.

To install a specific minor release of an application, you would need to have a package from the Admin Console created when th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

RemoteUpdateManager can target particular major versions of applications if you specify them on the command line (e.g. PHSP#20.0 or PHSP#21.0, where the .0 denotes "the latest version from that major release"), but you cannot target a minor release as in your example, unfortunately. You can only update to the latest version of the applications which are installed.

To install a specific minor release of an application, you would need to have a package from the Admin Console created when that version was available.

Dominic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That information is helpful.   I hope that they add this feature in the future.  Thanks for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines