• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't seem to install any Application - Need IT Admin Permission Mac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to install Adobe XD but the creative cloud desktop app won't let me install because apparently I don't have the access to manage applications. This is so weird because this is my personal laptop. How can I not have the access on my own laptop. The error further states "Permission from your IT Administrator may be required to enable app management".

Attaching the screenshot for proof. Please help me asap as I have a project pending and the deadline is approaching me like a rocket at this stage. Thanks !!

UPDATED

FOUND THE SOLUTION. THANKS TO ADOBE CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM

First of all you need to close all adobe processes from activity monitor and also ensure that creative cloud application is closed.

After closing processes, you need the access the following file if you are using macOS. 
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/Serviceconfig.xml

Open it and then change values "false" to "true" and then save the file. 

Now you will be able to install apps from creative cloud application.

App Screenshot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

FOUND THE SOLUTION. THANKS TO ADOBE CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM

First of all you need to close all adobe processes from activity monitor and also ensure that creative cloud application is closed.

After closing processes, you need the access the following file if you are using macOS. 
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/Serviceconfig.xml

Open it and then change values "false" to "true" and then save the file. 

Now you will be able to install apps from creative cloud application.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how about in laptop? "You may need to request permission from your IT administrator to use this app or service"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got through to OOBE but then when I opened it there wasn't Configs. just TextEdit. How do I fix that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines