• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't sync to external drive

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until yesterday I had been using Creative Cloud to store approximately 120gb of files and libraries on a 4TB USB drive. This had worked remarkably well for quite some time until it just... stopped.

The application suddenly stopped syncing and said the folder couldn't be found (it's definitely still there). On trying to re-link and restore the folder that I've used for a few years now, I'm told I can't sync to network devices despite the drive being a mounted volume and NOT a network drive.

It's probably also worth poiting out that other members of my team have not faced the same issue and are still able to sync to their external drives with no issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Well, I finally got to the root of the issue. In case anybody else has the same problem:  it seems that Paragon NTFS software was mounting my drive in read-only mode and needed to be reinstalled.

Would be great if there was a different error message on Creative Cloud app to handle the case where the drive is not a network volume but there are insufficient priveleges to write 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the response but this didn't help. I still see the same message. Colleagues are still able to sync to their external drives too.

Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 14.23.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hold on.  you posted in a misleading forum.

maybe someone here can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! The issue is very frustrating to say the least 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump - issue still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I finally got to the root of the issue. In case anybody else has the same problem:  it seems that Paragon NTFS software was mounting my drive in read-only mode and needed to be reinstalled.

Would be great if there was a different error message on Creative Cloud app to handle the case where the drive is not a network volume but there are insufficient priveleges to write 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe's app probably doesn't have access to that system info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines