Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot access shared folder in new 'pooled' storage

Participant ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Our compnay has been migrated over to the new pooled storage method of organising our Creative Cloud files. 

If I create a shared folder in my admin console and share it with a user (or all users) - where should that folder show up and allow to be accessed so that files can be added and shared? 

I have added folders in Admin Console > Storage > Shared Folders… but I can find no way to access these folders so that I can put files in them.

Can anyone let me into the secret location of where these fodlers reside? Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usage of these Shared Folders is determined the apps and workflows built into the apps and services. It's a vast area so can't be sure how each app or service utilizes this feature. I am not aware if these Shared Folders show up or are available in  to put files in directly.

But I can give you an example where this is used. Teams Libraries uses this shared folder functionality to create a common, sharable library. Similarly, I beleive Adobe Campaign has some workflow that utilize this capability. There might be more, but I don't know. Maybe others in this community may have additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikrant,

Thanks for your answer.

My understanding is that these shared folderes are a feature of the new storage system on Creative Cloud. So instead of certain files or folders just residing in one user's storage quota, it would the 'shared' between the combined users' storage space. 

See attached image… so is there no way for me to directly access the 'Artwork' folder that I have created and shared… either via the web or a desktop 'synced' folder?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional screenshots of the 'Storage' section of the Admin console added…

As you can see, I have 600GB+ in my individual folder and the other user has about 10GB. 

How can I get that 600GB+ from my Individual fodler into a shared folder? 

At some point, my Individual folder will hit 1TB and my quota limit… but now we are supposed to have POOLED Creative Cloud storage, meaning that I should be able to store 2TB of data on CC. But I can only do this via shared folders… 

So my question remains… how can I access shared fodlers to take advantage of the pooled CC storage?

To address some of thepoint above: Shared libraries DO NOT show up in the shared folders part of the admin console. If these folders are not accessable, then why can I create and name them in the Admin console?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

…and just to muddy the waters: When I swtich from Business ID to Adobe ID, I get the attached screens while in the Storage section of the Admin console. 

Something is defintely amiss… 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines