Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Deployment using Microsoft Intune

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community!

I'm starting this new thread since I'm a little bit lost right now regarding Creative Cloud deployment for our client devices.

We are currently in the process of rolling out Microsoft Intune within our company, and I'm setting up all the differnt packages, applications and profiles for our users and devices.

What I want to do now is to push the Creative Cloud app to our macOS devices ("required" application).

How I want to do this:

1) I've created a package with Creative Cloud Packager, containing only the base app (Creative Cloud), no additional apps.

2) I then navigate to the "Build" folder within this package, which contains the "Install.pkg" file

3) Now, in order to deploy this .pkg using Intune, I'll have to create a .intunemac file. I'm using "IntuneAppUtil" provided by Microsoft via github. I've successfully used this method for a few other apps like Citrix Receiver or Microsoft Teams before without any issues.

4) However, although I'm clearly using an .pkg file (which is required for IntuneAppUtil), terminal always states that the file format is not supported (which is nonsense because .pkg is the only file type working with IntuneAppUtil).

>Has anyone faced similiar issues before? Or is there another way to get Creative Cloud deployed on my Macs using Intune?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

[Moved by moderator from Adobe Creative Cloud to Enterprise & Teams.]

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

There is the following statement in Microsoft's documentation on the following page - How to add macOS line-of-business apps to Microsoft Intune | Microsoft Docs

'The .pkg file must be signed using “Developer ID Installer” certificate, obtained from an Apple Developer account. Only .pkg files may be used to upload macOS LOB apps to Microsoft Intune. Conversion of other formats, such as .dmg to .pkg is not supported.'

Creative Cloud Mac OS installation packages built on the Adobe Admin Console (an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would suggest testing the package installation from the command line - you mention that it states in the terminal, that the file format is not supported: do you have details of the command being run at this point, and can you provide the complete output?

In addition, I would suggest testing the installation from the command line separately from MS Intune using the following syntax:

sudo installer -pkg <install_pkg_name> -target /

Further details here: Prepare to deploy Adobe Creative Cloud packages 

I hope this is useful,

Dominic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dominic, thanks for the reply.

Here's what I did in order to run the IntuneAppUtil:

/Users/user_name/Desktop/IntuneAppUtil -c /Users/user_name/Desktop/Package_Name.pkg -o /Users/user_name/Desktop -v

Note: "user_name" and "Package_Name.pkg" are placeholders here. As said, this worked for other .pkg files just fine (e.g. Microsoft Teams) and it converted into .intunemac file without any issue.

Terminal output after running this command:

Finding the package type...

2019-08-16 12:45:08.035 IntuneAppUtil[1153:33834] Unsupported package type. Only pkg file can be supported.

2019-08-15 12:45:08.035 IntuneAppUtil[1153:33834] SetPackageInfo failed with 80004005

Now, running "sudo installer -pkg <Package_Name.pkg> -target /" actually asks for a password. However, regardless of the password I provide here (user or local admin PW), none of those work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is the following statement in Microsoft's documentation on the following page - How to add macOS line-of-business apps to Microsoft Intune | Microsoft Docs

'The .pkg file must be signed using “Developer ID Installer” certificate, obtained from an Apple Developer account. Only .pkg files may be used to upload macOS LOB apps to Microsoft Intune. Conversion of other formats, such as .dmg to .pkg is not supported.'

Creative Cloud Mac OS installation packages built on the Adobe Admin Console (and in the legacy CCP application) are unsigned. They can be installed manually using the command I showed above, but we do not support modifying the package, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dominic,

thanks for clarifying. That's a bummer; so, there is no way I can deploy Creative Cloud on our macOS devices using Intune right now?

Hopefully there will soon be a solution for this since installing manually is not what I intended to do.

Anyway, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it appears that in order to use a package with Intune, it needs to be converted to Microsoft's format. I doubt you can do this manually, but perhaps the sourcecode can give you more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Im trying to get this software to deploy via Intune for Windows 10 devices and it just fails no matter what I do.

I have very ill feelings for Adobe and Intuit products because they are awful for deploying in this manner.

If they could provide an MSI we'd be golden, pipedream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm also trying to deploy Adobe apps using Intune (line of business app) and the cloud packager to windows 10 devices.

Installation fails and strangely the platform is shown as Windows Phone 8.1.

Did you manage to get this working?

Br,

Kris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having issues with the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

As per @AchimR.248's orginial post I...

• Created a package in the adminconsole that is only the Creative Cloud Desktop app
  • Downloaded and run the downloader app
  • Unzipped the Zip file
  • Used the IntuneAppUtil to convert the .pkg file to a .intunemac file

All of that worked OK (as it has for other apps, including Adobe Reader DC)

The issue I have is when I try to upload the file to Intune. As I have for other apps, I am created a new MacOS LOB app, but when I get to the section to select the file, it just does nothing. Other apps that I've done work fine (inc. Adobe Reader DC, Citrix Workspace).

Reading the MS documentation, it says there is a 2GB limit for MacOS LOB apps (and a 8GB upload limit for Intune in general). My .intunemac file is only 709MB.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hacked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines