• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

CC Works on Windows but not on Mac

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a federated Adobe account that is tied to my enterprise login. If I use it on a Windows 10 computer, I can download and install all the apps that I want. When I try it on my Mac, I can download apps, but as a certain point in the installation it stalls or kicks me over to the Creative Cloud app that says, You don't have access to manage apps. Please see your IT administrator, which I did, but we have not got very far with fixing it yet. Why would  the apps download and install on Windows and not on MacOS Mojave? Any fixes for this? This help doc was not much help: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/apps-tab-missing.html?mv=product&mv2=accc# and doesn't seem to address why it works on Windows and not on Mac.

Views

870

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Hi,

It sounds like on Windows you have a 'self-service' package installed - that is to say the Desktop Application has 'elevated privileges' allowing it to install and update applications, even where you do not have the relevant Admin rights. On the mac, you may have a different package, one that does not grant those rights. The solution would be to have your IT Admin build and deploy to you a self-service CC package.

 

See https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/create-nul-packages.html

 

Likes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It sounds like on Windows you have a 'self-service' package installed - that is to say the Desktop Application has 'elevated privileges' allowing it to install and update applications, even where you do not have the relevant Admin rights. On the mac, you may have a different package, one that does not grant those rights. The solution would be to have your IT Admin build and deploy to you a self-service CC package.

 

See https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/create-nul-packages.html

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe, but there was no package install on Windows. It was just picking an app from the Adobe website once signed in, and downloading it. We had install packages before. The new federated sign-in was supposed to negate the need to install packages and let us access whatever apps we wanted as opposed to building a pre-authorized install package to install.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

 

An installer downloaded from adobe.com will not give elevated privileges.

Using Federated ID has no impact on how applications are installed, it is just how you authenticate and determine which applications you are entitled to use - the apps still need to be installed.

 

Hope that helps.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, the fix was none of the suggestions above. I am reporting it here for anyone else with the same issue, which is a known issue, and required me to alter the serviceconfig file. Here is the fix from Adobe support:

 

1.) Navigate to following location.

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\

Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/

(note this is the Library directory located on the base hard drive)

 

2.) Locate the serviceconfig.xml file & copy it to your desktop folder. Open the file in Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (MacOS).

 

3.) In serviceconfig.exe file, change the value of AppsPanel from false to true.

 

4.) Save & Close the serviceconfig.xml file.

 

5.) Relocate the same file to the original folder & overwrite the original file with the new file.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines