Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Citrix environment - licensing of Acrobat Pro 2017

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear ladiens and gentleman,

i have a questions which the support could not answer.

We have a citrix environment with a couple of hundred users. We want to have 4 users using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017. (We bought the licenses)

Issue is the following:

In citrix once installed all the users will have adobe acrobat pro 2017 available on their citrix desktops.

How do we manage that only for the 4 users (each have their own license) citrix is available and for all other it is "disabled".

I know that for other software there are admx templates where u can disable the program for some users and for some you can activate it and manage the keys also via the gpo or a template?

If someone has done something similar or is using admx templates (for win server 2016) please let me know.

Too bad that the official support was of no help.

Best Regards

Seb

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Hi,

You can use Acrobat DC on Citrix with Named User licensing. This means that the end user will need to sign in with their credentials to get entitlement, any other uses won't have entitlement to use the software. See Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop — Enterprise Administration Guide for more.

I'll also move this to the Enterprise Deployment (Acrobat and Reader)   for any other perspectives.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can use Acrobat DC on Citrix with Named User licensing. This means that the end user will need to sign in with their credentials to get entitlement, any other uses won't have entitlement to use the software. See Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop — Enterprise Administration Guide for more.

I'll also move this to the Enterprise Deployment (Acrobat and Reader)   for any other perspectives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have written a post to walk you through hosting Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC on Citrix Non-persistent RDSH with FSLogix App Masking using Named User Licenses https://ninaronline.co.uk/2020/05/01/adobe-acrobat-dc-on-citrix-non-persistent-rdsh-vdi-with-fslogix... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines