• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

COVID-19 EDU at-home offer: once approved, how to do students enable?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, my thanks to Adobe for offering a free at-home license upgrade for Creative Cloud, this will prove to be a semester saver for our students. As one of the instructors who will be answering questions about this change, I would appreciate it if you could load me up with answers in advance. My questions:

Once the request is approved (the IT folks at my institution made the request on March 14), what do the students have to do to enable the new at-home capability? I read in the helpful FAQ that they might have to sign out and sign back in to get their system to recognize the license change. Would they do that from within the Creative Cloud app? Can the sign out/sign in also be done from within, say, Photoshop (they're running CC 2019 on Macs)?

The students have already left campus and won't be able to return. Will their Mac be able to recognize the license change over the Internet, wherever they are? (As opposed to them having to be on the campus network at the time the license change first kicks in.)

Assuming that all of the students are already loaded into the Adobe admin console, which I assume they are since they've been able to use Creative Cloud apps all year when their computers have been on the campus network, do the IT people here have to take any steps or is the license change automatic?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

-Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Hi Mike,

Your request was approved successfully. Please follow the process shared in the following help document to enable your students: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/covid-19-education-labs.html.

Let us know if you have any more queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answers to your questions are as follows: 

• Once you receive confirmation that your request has been successfully processed, you'll need to notify your users that they have temporary access to the latest versions of the Creative Cloud apps. Users will need to download and install the apps if they don't already have them installed.
  • Yes, users can sign out and sign back in from any Creative Cloud app. For more details see: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/activate-deactivate-creative-cloud-apps.html
  • "The students have already left campus and won't be able to return. Will their Mac be able to recognize the license change over the Internet, wherever they are? (As opposed to them having to be on the campus network at the time the license change first kicks in.)" - YES
  • Users already added your Admin Console will get access when your request is processed successfully by Adobe.

However, it would be best for you to read the following help document for details on this: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/covid-19-education-labs.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

On Friday 3/27, I completed our request for free student access during the COVID-19.  How long does it take to get confirmation so that we can start to share with our students?

Thank you,

Mike Antoine

Roseville Community Schools

Roseville, MI  48066

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

Your request was approved successfully. Please follow the process shared in the following help document to enable your students: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/covid-19-education-labs.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines