• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CPU usage of creative cloud processes go through the roof (600-700%)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

When I run photohop 2021 & illustrator 2021 simultaneously, the CPU usage of both Illustrator and Photoshop as well as the underlaying processes (AdobeIPC broker, CCXProcess, AIRobobin, Core Sync, Clreative Cloud, Adobe desktop service, Creative Cloud Helper, Adobe CEF Helper (renderer)) go through the roof (600-700%). Turning my (specced out) 2018 MacBook Pro into an airplane and rendering the programmes impossible to use. This bug doesn't occur when using the 2020 or 2019 versions of the creative cloud applications. The photoshop 2021 and illustrator 2020 combination also works fine. 

I’m running creative cloud on the latest version of MacOS Catalina (10.15.7). Specs: MacBook Pro 2018 / 2,9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9 / 32gb RAM).

Hope you can help, this bug is killing productivity (and mood).

Thanks!

Martijn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Hi David,

I did a deepdive into this and booting in save mode (holding the left shift during boot) and then opening photoshop & illustrator seems to have solved the problem. Everything is back to normal (also under my 'normal' user account).

Hope this helps for you.

Cheers,
Martijn

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue happening with my similar spec'ed macbook. Only when multiple apps are opened. I have to force quit ccxprocess.app and that seems to fix it temporally. I've tried wiping and reinstalling CC multiple times. Please fix this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David,

I did a deepdive into this and booting in save mode (holding the left shift during boot) and then opening photoshop & illustrator seems to have solved the problem. Everything is back to normal (also under my 'normal' user account).

Hope this helps for you.

Cheers,
Martijn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines