Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud 2020 Managed Package fails installation

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Is anyone else experiencing the Creative Cloud managed package failing to install?

The build date is 5/11/2019. The CC2019 packages were also failing recently, but worked again as I created another build.

The installation of these packages are within a HyperV VM, Windows 10 1903 with the latest patches.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Ouch. Ignore me. Created a new package and it miraculously worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for the contact.

Adobe has conducted limited testing of some Creative Cloud and Creative Suite products in virtualized or server-based environments. Adobe Acrobat DC supports virtual environments. 

If you run into issues on virtualized environments, Adobe Support can help on a best-effort basis. Adobe support may not be able to resolve your issue depending on type of virtualization technologies.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/kb/technical-support-boundaries-virtualized-server-based.html

It would be good if you provide us the applications included in the package and the Adobe installation log using Adobe Log Collector tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Sumit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sumit!

Here is the log collector tool output.

Also, my managed package contains:

• Creative Cloud Desktop Application
  • Audition (13.0)
  • Illustrator (24.0)
  • InCopy (15.0)
  • InDesign (15.0)
  • Lightroom (3.0)
  • Media Encoder (14.0)
  • Photoshop (21.0)
  • Premiere Pro (14.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for the response and information.

I have reviewed the installation log and didn't found any potential error apart from following.

======================================================

11/08/19 16:06:58:798 | [FATAL] |  | ASU | DeploymentManager | DeploymentManager |  |  | 9772 | Failed to launch the Bootstrapper process.Stopping the installation process.

11/08/19 16:06:58:798 | [WARN] |  | ASU | DeploymentManager | DeploymentManager |  |  | 9772 | CCP ASU installation failed with ErrorCode (81). Ignoring this ASU failure.

=======================================================

Error code (81) usually comes when you have some conflicting processes running in the background while package installation. Please try to kill all the conflicting processes as per following hel guide and try again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/package/help/resolving-process-conflicts.html

Please let us know the outcomes.

Regards,

Sumit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumit,

Unfortunately nothing else was running. The log was collected when the user account was first created after booting into the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried installing on a physical machine with very little running. Still failing.

Here's the log collector output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch. Ignore me. Created a new package and it miraculously worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been driving me up the wall lately and I finally nailed down exactly where the problem is.  I don't really understand WHY it is a problem, but I do now it fixes things.

Background:

I tried to deploy the CC app via my software distribution tool (Quest Kace KBox) and had mixed results - sometimes it installed, sometimes not.  I never got it to work on a machine that never had CC before.  The really odd part was that I could take the exact same zip the KBox uses, manually extract it and it would work.  It turned out the only difference was that the folders extracted by the KBox had the archive attribute, but manually extracting with Bandizip did not set that attribute.

Solution:

After a lot of testing, I nailed it down to the Archive attribute on the build\ASU folder.  Either uncheck that in the folder properties (apply to just that folder) or use the "attrib -a" command on that folder in a script.  After I did that, it installed perfectly.

I can only assume that it is parsing the text output of some command and having the attribute set it screwing that up.  It should not have any impact on the actual running of the software, but there you have it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines