• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud installation of Dreamweaver (multiple versions) fails on macOS Monterey, Intel and M1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been attempting to download and install Dreamweaver onto macOS.  At about "2%" of the install progress, the Creative Cloud app reports a failure to download and install the app.  Both machines are using the current release of macOS. 12.5—Monterey.  The versions of Dreamweaver we've attempted to download are 21.3 and 21.2.

All other creative cloud apps are installing and running with no trouble, on both Mac M1 and Mac/Intel.

I'm attaching the installation log for the failure, but also a jpeg of the screen shot of the displayed error message.  There are some unprinting characters which don't get saved when saving the webpage, but which are displayed in the web browser before saving or copying the log text.

We've confirmed the CC installer has full disk access privileges.  And, as I say, there are no errors or difficulties installing InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator, or such.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!

Ross Bennett, IT Director

Complete Printing & Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Howdy, Mattw!

It was sort of worked around at the time. We arranged a remote desktop session for Adobe engineers to cnonect to my system, collect logs and documentation of the errors, and then they finished off by transferring a copy of a stand-alone installer to my system for a previous version. 

Although the Creative Cloud Desktop wouldn't do an install from scratch, it would perform upgrades of the product once the previous version was installed.

So get the latest manager/installer version of Cr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Code 198 is rare.  It usually occurs when the installer can't make a backup recovery file from the temporary install location. 

• Are you installing apps on your primary hard drive?
  • Does your Mac user profile have full read/write/edit permissions for files on that volume?
  • Do you have other local processes running in the background that could be competing with the installation routine like an anti-virus app?
  • Can you update Creative Cloud Desktop App or do you encounter the same problem?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Nancy O'Shea!

Thanks very much for your reply.  Let me see…

Yes—in every instance, we are installing to our primary hard drive.

Yes.  For our graphics setups, all users operate their software as system administrators.

We do not install anti-virus applications or sofware on our graphics macs. At least, none on the machines we have been attempting installation on.  I'm not sure of any local processes running which might conflict with the CC Desktop App's operations. There is some variation from mac-to-mac, but most of our graphics and layout team have very limited installations other than their work software.  There are no cron jobs or proprietary configurations.

We have no trouble installing the CC Desktop app on any of the machines, not any trouble installing any other apps we've tried.

I should add that this problem spans several license subscriptions.  We have an enterprise account with multiple licenses purchased, several user accounts associated, and license allocations made to the various accounts.  Everything is working well across the enterprise except attempts to install Dreamweaver.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this question to Teams & Enterprises where the experts there can better assist you.   I am not familiar with Team environments or where to look next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had one last thought.  Are you running Rosetta 2?  I seem to remember that Dreamweaver uses an older installer that may require it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, I suppose I am.  Rosetta 2 has been bundled with the operating system since Big Sur—the version just before Monterey. So let's throw that into the mix with the other bits I've collected.

Thanks very much for your help, and for moving me to the Enterprise/Teams forum.

Ross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea was this issue resolved? I'm getting the same error code (198)
Trying to install Dreamweaver, local HD, MacOS Monteray 12.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Howdy, Mattw!

It was sort of worked around at the time. We arranged a remote desktop session for Adobe engineers to cnonect to my system, collect logs and documentation of the errors, and then they finished off by transferring a copy of a stand-alone installer to my system for a previous version. 

Although the Creative Cloud Desktop wouldn't do an install from scratch, it would perform upgrades of the product once the previous version was installed.

So get the latest manager/installer version of Creative Cloud.  If it still gives you that error, you'll want toi cgeck in with Adobe Support for a session to help install it.

Ross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines