• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud keeps Installing in C drive

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud never prompts to let me choose where to install it, and it is telling me there isn't enough space to install programs even after I set the preference to my other drive which has 1 TB+ of space, which is clearly enough. It keeps making files in my C drive even after selecting my other drive. This is infuriating, really.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

It would be best to get a larger C drive.

If you are having space issues installing, you will soon have performance issues as you need free space on your C drive for system and temp files as well as Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need enough space on C to download the installers and update the Windows installer database. If that succeeds the program files can be on another disk, but if your C drive is tiny (as on many entry level computers) it is not suitable for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as @Test Screen Name hinted, the cc desktop app installation location can't be changed from the c drive. in addition, many ancillary files used by cc must be installed on the c drive.  for none of those files can you change the install location.

you can only change the install location of the programs that the cc app installs (eg, photoshop, illustrator etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be best to get a larger C drive.

If you are having space issues installing, you will soon have performance issues as you need free space on your C drive for system and temp files as well as Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines