• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Shared folders syncing in trash

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company recently started using CC Cloud sharing for project files. We all have our own folders, and the other people are invited to "Can View" so we can all see/downlaod eachothers projects, but can't edit folders directly. When someone with a shared folder deletes a file from their folder, it shows up in everyones trash (on Mac desktop). Does anyone know why this is or how to turn it off?

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because you are syncing locally. It's doing what it is supposed to - move the deleted file to the trash so there arent mismatched systems.

There is no way to prevent this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file should be deleted from everyone's local synced folder as well so it seems to be doing the right thing. However, I see this behavior of it appearing it trash as strange. On other services like Dropbox the file seems to be just deleted and not moved to trash if I am not wrong. Maybe this is the way it's implemented, can you share if this is troubling you in any blocking way?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not causing any issues. Like you said, I just find it strange that it syncs the trash, since other services like dropbox do not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look at it as a safety net, in other posts shared libraries have had assets "accidentally" deleted. This option allows you to go back to assets.adobe.com and restore them or it gives you control to permanently delete files from that folder to free up space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to clarify, we all have our shared folders set to "Can View" so no one else can delete or edit my folder, only donwload the projects. There's a "delete" folder on assets.adobe.com that only has my deleted items in it. When someone else deletes something from their shared folder, it ends up in my trash on my desktop, and not in the assets.adobe.com deleted folder. From what you've said, that's be cause it's syncing locally, but it seems like it should just be removed from the local synced folder, not synced in my desktop trash. Just never seen anytihng like that with any other cloud based service. Thank you for the info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines