• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 / CC Teams / macOS - Advice Needed - Business Setting

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a small marketing team that just consists of five employees: manager, graphic designer (me), video support, social media, and marketing assistant. We all had iMacs with CS6 and a shared server for file storage and sharing. However, I moved to Creative Cloud when I got a new iMac in 2018.

This has created a number of issues:

• Despite having CC, I had to download the old versions of the Adobe apps in order to stay compatible with my coworkers.
  • Since the newer macOS do not support the older versions of Adobe apps, I have to stay on High Sierra, which is older than my iMac.
  • My newer iMac has passed up our server for file storage which causes numerous and consistent errors when accessing and saving shared files on the server.
  • Adobe no longer supports CS6 and no one will be able to do a software update until we all move to CC.

I find myself thinking about how much money my new iMac cost our company and yet I am not able to use it to it's full capabilities since I have to continue running it on the same macOS as my old computer and can not utilize the newer Adobe apps. I feel it's time to look forward and get our entire team on Creative Cloud. If we were to do so, we could take advantage of new features and benefits of updates from both macOS and CC and also utilize iCloud storage which would fix our server issue. However, my manager is very hesitant. He doesn't feel that there are enough benefits to justify the cost.

My questions...

• Has anyone else found themselves in a similar situation where some employees are on CS6 and some on CC? If so, how did you manage the incapability between the programs?
  • If you moved an entire team to CC, do you feel it was worth it? Do you have regret?
  • Do you feel the benefits of updating outweigh the cost of moving to CC? Or not worth it?
  • Anyone have a detailed list of new features and benefits of Catalina vs. High Sierra and CC 2020 vs. CS6?

I tend to get overly excited with new technology. I love finding all the new features and capabilities with programs. So I've been very anxious to update my new iMac. However, my company frequently tends to stick with the past with old fashioned thinking... So I don't want to push for this until I have all the facts! Thanks for any and all of your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina is a mixed bag of tricks.  Many Creative Cloud users had to revert back to Mojave.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

I'm sure it's frustrating having a Creative Cloud plan and not being able to take full advantage of it.  Unfortunately, you're up against the old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality.  In collaborative environments, everyone must be on the same page.  At the moment, you're the lone outrider.  And that probably won't change until other computers start failing.  Then, management will be forced to decide what course they want to take.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The official operation guarantee of CS6 was up to OS X 10.9.
This is the same for perpetual licenses and Creative Cloud .

macOS is an OS with a short support period and extremely low compatibility.
Let's assume that using itself will force you to use the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines