Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deploying CC silently - completes then rolls back

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm trying to deploy the SDL package I created in our Admin Console to some Windows machines in our labs.  I've been following the Adobe documentation to the T.  The installation package is hosted on a network server.  The installation goes fine, and all the apps get installed, then at the last minute just before it completes, it performs a complete rollback and removes everything.  If I login and run the same network-hosted installer, it runs and completes perfectly.  I've ruled out any permissions issues on the share (I though initally maybe the installation process was wanting to write something back to the installer directory before it would complete).  I get the exact same results whether running the Adobe recommended setup.exe - setup.exe --silent --ADOBEINSTALLDIR="C:\InstallDir" --INSTALLLANGUAGE=fr_CA

OR running the MSI via an msiexec command:

msiexec /x "PATH TO MSI" /qn

Silently uninstalling CC from the same network-based location runs perfect.

What would be causing the silent installation to get approx 99% complete, then hit a snag and roll everything back, and running the exact same command while logged in completes fine?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Enterprise , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Update - I was able to get the silent install to succesfully complete, by first copying the large installation package over to the computer(s) I'm installing CC on.  Once that was done, the silent installation command pointing to the locally stored install package, completed with no problems.

Certainly not ideal having to first copy the approx 33 GB installation package to each computer prior to executing the silent install command, but considering I still did not have to phycially touch each com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  This is what the install log mentioned prior to executing the mass uninstall/rollback at the end:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 2 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 505) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:45.1.62.3
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 45.1.62.3). Error code: '505'
ERROR: Privilege lowering failed! Could not get Shell window or any user window.

ERROR: Failed to launch hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe for install UWP with error code 0
ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package with error failed to launch hdhelper.exe (delevated) for installing UWP appx with error code 0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've attached the log file in its entirety.

Thanks again,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update - I was able to get the silent install to succesfully complete, by first copying the large installation package over to the computer(s) I'm installing CC on.  Once that was done, the silent installation command pointing to the locally stored install package, completed with no problems.

Certainly not ideal having to first copy the approx 33 GB installation package to each computer prior to executing the silent install command, but considering I still did not have to phycially touch each computer to complete the deployment, I'll call that acceptible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines