• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2019 (Enterprise) is unresponsive

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver has become unresponsive. Noticed it on Friday 3/22 and still is not working today Monday 3/25. When you try to launch, the icon just bounces but Dreamweaver never launches. Co-workers are experiencing the same problem as I am. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well as reinstalling adobe creative cloud but Dreamweaver still won't open. Have trashed the prefs and that didn't help as well. Tried installing older versions of Dreamweaver and they won't work either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Disabled CrowdStrike and finally able to open DreamWeaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like something has become corrupted.  Try this KB article and re-create the user configuration folder and see if that helps ( JavaScript errors in Dreamweaver  ).  Otherwise you can try 1 of 2 things:

1. Try making a new user account on the computer to login with and see if problem still exists. If the problem goes away there is an OS error in your user folder that is causing things to not work properly.

2.  Use the CC Cleaner tool to try completely removing CC apps and then re-install ( Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems  ).  This is a more drastic measure than a simple uninstall/reinstall so you will want to back everything up and potentially even de-activate the suite first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried updating the Java, that didn't work. I did re-boot my Mac in "safe mode" and Dreamweaver did launch and work properly but as soon as I re-started my Mac with "safe mode" off, Dreamweaver wouldn't launch again like it was doing before. Not sure what would be causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try launching in a new user account to rule out OS user corruption? Sometimes when updating your OS, user accounts get corrupted and because files are stored in the user account it can affect applications at times.

Also have you tried the CC Cleaner tool during an uninstallation? The uninstallers do not always get all of the files, so sometimes this tool does come in handy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clintl6422475  wrote

I did re-boot my Mac in "safe mode" and Dreamweaver did launch and work properly but as soon as I re-started my Mac with "safe mode" off, Dreamweaver wouldn't launch again.

That smells like a corrupted Mac user account to me.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no luck with a fix. Tried a different user account and Dreamweaver still won't open. My company has an Enterprise account with Adobe, have no idea if it could be an account issue? Have tried upgrading the Mac to the latest OS, that didn't help. Any other suggestions out there. Puzzling since I still see other companies/users are experiencing the same problem. Doesn't seem like a corrupt Mac user account. All 3 of us here in my department are having the same exact issue with Dreamweaver. Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here. Only Dreamweaver affected. Other Adobe CC apps are fine. Tried everything, Adobe support couldn't fix it and escalated to L2. Will post if they get back to us with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabled CrowdStrike and finally able to open DreamWeaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing. We checked this on our test Macs, and this was our issue too. It seems that after the Mac Crowdstrike agent updated to 4.24, it broke compatibility with Dreamweaver and the most recent Adobe CC update.

Dreamweaver with Crowdstrike 4.24 installed on the system worked prior to the most recent March Adobe CC patch, but again, not after patching CC. The previous Crowdstrike agent version 4.18 seems to be compatible with the most recent Adobe CC patches though.

I guess we will be looking into white listing the two ~lib/ directors to keep 4.24 installed. Failing that, I guess we will need to lock the Mac systems down to 4.18 until there is a fix from Adobe or Crowdstrike.

I'll post back with general details once we figure out a solution that works in an effort to save someone else the stress of trying troubleshooting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that we too had Crowdstrike Falcon installed and that was the culprit. Disabled it and Dreamweaver works fine now. Thanks for providing a fix/workaround with this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We ended-up rolling back to 4.23 (confirmed issue free) and parking our Macs at this agent version for now. Crowdstrike has reported that they are aware of the issue, and that they are actively working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this?  We have a couple of users experiencing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still having issues. Nothing has been resolved on our end. Our IT just installed Dreamweaver for the first time on his Mac and Dreamweaver is not working for him as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Dreamweaver support forum to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reached out to your Enterprise account representative about this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one of our machines, we time machined back to when Dreamweaver was working and we were able to open it successfully.  After logging in, the latest CC update begin downloading and applying itself.  After closing the program and trying to log back in, the problem returned so we were unable to get in to Dreamweaver.  It appears to be the latest CC update causing the problem.  All other CC apps are working, the only problem is Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines