• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Education Licence

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Would anyone be able to share with me what are the do's and dont's of an education licence? For example, an education licence purchased by an individual who is an employee of a university - can it be used to:-

1. make promo clips etc ?
2. for individual purposes as opposed to for the university?
3. create content that is uploaded on YouTube, which is monetised?
4. create content that is broadcast on TV
etc
I asked these questions in the chat with the Adobe agents and they asked me to post my questions in this platform. Thanks for any insight/clarification on this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no commercial limits from Adobe on what you can do with your creations. The limitations apply to who can use the license. If the license comes from a school, however, they might put more limits. For example, they might say: can only be used on a school computer. The school can also have a contract saying it owns what you create, even at home. This is very common in educational employment contracts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS (I should say, the school might own what you create, even in your own time and even if you pay for the software yourself. If you work with other people, the school might own your share of it. Some employers might forbid independent creation completely. Check your contract carefully!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines