• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Education - Shared Device License

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for feed back on how other places of higher learning are planning on handling the new licensing for multi user computers.

First I have no idea how many of these shared device licenses will be given to my organization so kind of dead in the water on planning prior to the expected February release. Only specific instructors that teach these classes are actually entitled to CC via named account currently at my school. The use of the entire suite is limited to small amount of classrooms as well, but we have Acrobat DC is on every lab and staff machine.. which is really going to be an issue. I mean short term the serialized Acrobat installs will remain, while we would like to install 2019 Creative Cloud its just not likely we can get them in when our first exposure to this new licensing will be after the spring semester has already started.

To Adobe.. NEVER cut your customers off of one product before your next solution is ready. I deal way if solution is ready on February 2019, you should not have cut serialization packages from updates until at least June 2019. It really shows when the focus is almost entirely on consumer products vs. enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Hi, jpeters36! I currently manage a couple of iMac computer labs in a higher ed environment. All of our labs make use of the entire Creative Cloud Suite. Though I do not handle the licensing aspect of Adobe, I do keep in close touch with those that do. At this time, my labs will remain on CC 2018. That's currently really the only option as Adobe hasn't released shared device licensing yet for anything beyond CC 2018. If they end up releasing it during the middle of the semester, my labs will not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, jpeters36! I currently manage a couple of iMac computer labs in a higher ed environment. All of our labs make use of the entire Creative Cloud Suite. Though I do not handle the licensing aspect of Adobe, I do keep in close touch with those that do. At this time, my labs will remain on CC 2018. That's currently really the only option as Adobe hasn't released shared device licensing yet for anything beyond CC 2018. If they end up releasing it during the middle of the semester, my labs will not make the switch until the summertime. I try very hard to keep my labs consistent throughout the semester because my faculty, staff, and students just prefer it that way. I also keep things like this in a small test environment before I launch it for it everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea I would prefer keeping 2018 throughout the school year, and for now there is no choice.. but there is pressure from the instructional side to be updated as their students already have 2019 at home leading to some compatibility issues. Yet really looking for long term solutions that people have come up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to send a message to all teachers that you CAN'T update due to Adobe's licensing change

Staying one version back, with programs that work, is a lot better than blindly jumping into something that may cause problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, my device licenses auto updated and now I'm struggling to return them to the CC2018 version so they can operate. I continue to get license expired notifications. I can not find the download or technical support anywhere on the Adobe website. Where can I download CC2018 so I can use my expensive Adobe products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure what you mean by the license auto-updated.. if using a enterprise license with a serial number you should contact the software administrator. they should be able to supply the 2018 package, but these licenses are for shared devices. If you are looking to download and use software for your self it would be on a named account and you should not see the same issues we are talking about.. best bet is talking to your software administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever move towards the new licensing system? I think a lot of institutions are sitting tight until other people share their experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christ639190 - I tested shared device licensing with a select group of people and didn't have any issues. The only annoying thing was that they had to sign in with their Enterprise ID whenever they logged in to a computer. Fortunately, that only takes a few seconds! While I was still there, there hadn't been any problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there much configuration required on your own local servers for the account sync?

Also, I'm curious about why you chose Enterprise IDs instead of Federated IDs? I'm wondering what the pros and cons are of going with either option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I didn't have a say in any of that as I didn't handle Adobe licensing at the time. I'm no help on that one sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same position to be honest. I won't be setting any of it up. But that makes it even more important for me to find out as much as I can, before asking people to press go on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have upgraded at a small university. In a media class using a computer lab, does each student have to log in with their free account and have to remember to log out?????? (angry question marks)  Surely not. Isn't there some work around or multi-seat option? We have the cc all app for higher ed shared device license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, they do have to log in with their own account and then remember to log out. Most of them don't. We have a few unhappy instructors at our college...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using these products for decades. This new licensing is Adobe's biggest mistake. I  am unable to use this on my laptop at home to prepare lesson plans. What a bad idea. Is there a way someone has found to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, just to clarify, if I log out at my school, I can log in with that account at home?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe SDL looks good on paper. What could go wrong ? Student logs in to use Adobe products and then logs out when finished.  Teachers are already overburdened with normal tasks and we add one more.  

Adobe needs to have a good look at SDL and come up with more efficent solution.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines