Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exit Code: 116 After updating my iMac to Catalina

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

After updating my iMac to Catalina, I am trying to update all Adobe products through Creative Cloud app as usual.

I get "Exit Code: 116"

No security software is installed. Tried relunch CC App & rebooting iMac.

Catalina's Security & Privacy section in System Preferencies has no usual messages, as when something is being blocked by the system.

My System specs:

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Processor: 3,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much of a support forum, isn't it?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Exit code 116 means 'The download is damaged' and the troubleshooting steps include disabling the antivirus programs on your machine. 

As you have mentioned you have no security software installed, I would recommend uninstalling the existing Creative Cloud apps and reinstalling them a fresh from the Creative Cloud desktop app. You may refer to the following help document to know how to do that: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortinutally that didn't help.

I uninstalled all apps through Creative Cloud's menu.

Then updated Mac OSX (I am now at 10.15.4)

Then tryed to fresh-install Photoshop.

Right away I got "Installation failed" red status next to Photoshop icon.

More Info pops up 'Error code 403'. Found a sugestion that this means the Creative Cloud app is too old.

Updated it.

Creative Cloud 5.1.0.407

Apps 5.1.0.407

CoreSync 4.3.34.67

CCX Process 3.5.1.24

CC Library 3.7.4.29

Still stuck with the 'Error code 403' when trying 2 download any app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I did:

Manually deleted all foulders & files that contain adobe in their name.

After that, fresh-installed Creative App.

Then manually added everything that resembles Adobe installation software in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Full Disk Access

That allowed me to proceed from 'Error code 403' to "Eror Code: 116")))

So now I am stuck with 116 once again.

Exit Code: 116
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 3 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Fatal Error '116' occurred while download
FATAL: Error occurred in download of package (Name: AdobeCameraRawProfile8.0All Version: 12.2.0.78). Error code: '116' 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can somebody please help? Not copypasting eror code description, but really help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above was for Photoshop.

Here is for Illustrator:

Exit Code: 116
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 4 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error occurred in download of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator24-Core Version: 24.1.0.370). Error code: '116' 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, is there another way to get support help? I can not wait for 3+ days anymore, just to get replies with copypasted info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone found more solutions? Stuck at error 116 also. There's no antivirus security software on my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you come up with some solution.
I just got this error recently and have been stuck with it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had this exact problem on an iMac after updating to Catalina today. The solution for us was to log out of creative loud and go to applications Adobe Creative Cloud > uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud, but then click repair instead of uninstall. Reboot, log back in and we were able to work around error 116 and others.

(Previously, we opened the Adobe applications that were already installed so that they could be "verified" by Apple on first launch under Catalina so that they would appear under allowed access to folders and data in System Preferences > Security > Privacy. After that we could also enable Adobe Update Helper under Full Disk Access.
We are not sure if these steps are necessary or if just fixing Creative Cloud is enough).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines