• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get a new job, how to move my account to a new organisation?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hei,

I have my Adobe account with organization linked today. And I get a new job and the new organization will pay for my account. How can I move my adobe account under a new organization without loose the contents fex. Lightroom cloud photos. Or is there any easy methods?

TOPICS
Business ID , Licensing , Manage account

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have written to the Enterprise&Teams forum, I suppose that your company has an Enterprise or a Teams licence. If you have an individual licence, you only need to change the Adobe ID to your new e-mail address and change the payment information.

Enterprise or Teams licence:

You can't. The data belongs to your current employer. However, if the employer is OK with that, contact an administrator of your account and check with him, how to migrate the data. He can contact support.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. So if adminstrator in Organization allow to move data and content, that is possible to transfer all data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the most important is many Lightroom photos of my children. If I can not transfer my account after I leave the Organization, is there any good way to transfer 7000 photos in Lightroom CC (Cloud) to my new account? And 10000 photos in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't mix personal and professional accounts, especially, if the data belongs to the company like with Lightroom. 

See here for answers (I suppose, they won't satisfy you completly): https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/how-to-move-lightroom-cc-...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/how-to-transfer-a-lightro...

You can also ask the question in the Lightroom forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is no problem. Just copy all your pictures (keep the structure as you have it) and copy the Lightroom catalog folder to the new computer via an external harddisk and you're done. Lightroom Classic uses local storage as well for the images and the catalog. So you have full control about both. See here for detailed instructions from the Lightroom Queen herself: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/.

You may ask follow-up questions in the Lightroom Classic forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/ct-p/ct-lightroom-classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you shouldn't use adobe's cloud storage to backup your files.  it's for file sharing with yourself on other devices, and with others for collaboration.

in the future, use a file backup system that's designed for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should download all this stuff to your local disk (or a new local disk) to preserve it. Very small chance you can move it between companies, that isn't how business accounts are expected to be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines