• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I cancel my old plan and continue with my new plan with SURFSpot without deleting my account?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently renewed my student CC plan with SURFspot in the Netherlands. But instead of a license key to continue my old plan (Create Cloud All Apps - Creative Cloud Membership), they changed how it works and I now have a new plan added: Adobe for Enterprise - SURFspot Operational Console. 

The instructions from SURFspot says:
"If you get the message to add a payment method, this is related to your previous membership. You can use the Adobe chat to cancel your previous (Creative Cloud All Apps) membership. Please make sure they don’t cancel the SURFspot Operational Console membership!"

However, when I try to use the Adobe chat, I get this message: 

"Please contact your administrator for help. A member of your organization is a designated contact for issues with your Adobe products. Reach out to your administrator or IT contact for help."

So basically they are referring to each other and I cannot find any way with either organisation to contact a human being to solve this issue. Can anyone from Adobe help me out here? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Streeploos, I am very sorry that you have encountered a confusing experience within this public discussion thread.  As suggested by Shivangi, you can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html to cancel your individual membership through Adobe.  Please make sure you are logging in with the same e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.

The new membership that you are being provided by SurfSpot is a Creative Cloud Enter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Streeploos,

We appreciate you writing in. We checked your Email ID you're logged in with at Adobe community and found that there are two active plans on your account. One is Individual License and another one is for Enterprise. Since you wish to cancel your individual license, you can do it yourself. check out this article to know more: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi Gupta,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. 

Your solution however no longer works, because the individual plan expired: "Unable to manage. Your plan has expired. Please update your payment details to reactivate it."

I didn't notice there even were two plans until logging in today; I assumed wrongly that I was renewing my existing plan as that was how it always worked before. I was a little surprised by the fact I didn't receive a license code after purchasing, but just figured the renewal process had changed. 

Is there any way someone at Adobe can fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see! In this case, I'd recommend contacting our support team here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Don't forget to tell them that you wish to get help for the individual license.

I'm sure they'll help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately your link leads to the same support page that SURFspot also refers to for getting assistance. The chat pop-up again tells me: 

"Please contact your administrator for help. A member of your organization is a designated contact for issues with your Adobe products. Reach out to your administrator or IT contact for help."
I feel caught in an endless loop of repeated automated replies (not yours!) between both organisations...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update.

I believe the best point of contact would be someone who deals with Enterprise and Teams related queries. I'll move this public discussion to the Enterprise & Teams forum to see if the community has any additional suggestions on how to manage Enterprise memberships provided through SurfSpot.

Have you contacted SurfSpot yet? If not, please contact them so that they can reach out to Adobe on your behalf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I am getting the same instructions as before with SurfSpot: contact Adobe through chat etc.

I have another question: if I don't manage to delete the previous plan at all, will it disappear by itself after some period of time has passed? Or will the fact I'm not paying for that plan result in termination of my account including the current plan? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Streeploos,

We understand that you need assistance with canceling the plan for Creative Cloud for Individuals, Hence we would be moving this query to the Accounts, Payments and Plan so that they can assist you with the cancellation Since you do not want to cancel your Creative Cloud for Enterprise License.

Hope this helps.

Charles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Streeploos, I am very sorry that you have encountered a confusing experience within this public discussion thread.  As suggested by Shivangi, you can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html to cancel your individual membership through Adobe.  Please make sure you are logging in with the same e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.

The new membership that you are being provided by SurfSpot is a Creative Cloud Enterprise membership.  As has been suggested we would encourage you to contact SurfSpot for information on how you can move over any files or assets to the membership that is being managed by them. 

Alternately, you can also use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/transfer-assets.html to manually transfer any files or assets from your current individual account to the new Enterprise membership managed by SurfSpot.

I am will now move this public discussion back to the Enterprise & Teams forum.  The community in that forum may have additional suggestions for best practices as you transition from an individual Creative Cloud membership to an Adobe for Enterprise membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I managed to get in touch with somebody from Adobe Customer Service in the end and the problem has been solved now. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, do you know it was fixed? I have the same problem and am stuck in the same loop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Marbeen, do you have an individually managed plan or a team/enterprise managed plan?

the process for each is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines