• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I complain about damaging support via Chat?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I went onto the Chat to say that, since the latest Update, Acrobat has been constantly asking for my user name and password. I asked him (or her, not clear from the name) for that to be resolved as it's a bit annoying.

The Chat representative asked for remote access to sort the problem. I hesitated, but granted access and specifically asked him/her to tell me what they planned to do BEFORE doing it.

That didn't happen and suddenly up popped a Safari error message saying that my Keychain password wasn't available. I went into Keychain to find that all my passwords, other than the newly replaced Adobe's passwords – ie Mac Mail, all my browsers' webforms, and so on, about 40 passwords in total – had disappeared.

I have spent the past hour on the phone to Apple as Mail is not recognising my restored Apple ID passwords, nor is it  accepting typed-in passwords. I'm still trying to solve the issue and  may well have to reinstall eleven email accounts. I'm furious. What a waste of time!

I think that support person should have warned me that they were about to remove these items from Keychain, given how important Keychain is to using my Mac. I have used Adobe software for almost 30 years. Never have I been so angry at the support provided.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Hi Julie,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I apologize your support interaction was not per the Adobe experience we aim to deliver.  I have shared your feedback with the relevant team who will take the necessary actions to improve our internal process/training, as well as coach the Agent with whom you interacted.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we hope any future interactions meet the Adobe support experience we strive to deliver.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can complain but it won't do any good. You gave tech support your permission to reset the corrupted keychain.  You could have done it yourself or sent it to out to Apple or Geek Squad.  Either way, results would have been much the same.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate your point and you're absolutely right, complaining will be useless. However, Adobe need to know that some of their people are leaving such a mess for their customers to sort out. During all these years as an Adobe Customer, I've had a number of support calls (not many, as I like to sort out my own problems and learn from it) and once for the same problem, when Illustrator was asking for login credentials each time I launched it. 

Each time I received support, I spoke to someone and we worked through the issue together. This person took over my Mac, completely ignored me when I said, "Please tell me what you're doing, before you do it" and proceeded to cause a problem that I have still not resolved.

Whilst I did give him permission to access my Mac, I'm not sure Keychain was corrupted, it was working fine with everything else. I  feel that what he did was tantamount to smashing a nut with a sledgehammer. It was the quickest way for him, but not the best way for me. I had a single issue with just Acrobat. I now have an issue with Mail, Safari and other apps. Not good. Hours of time wasted.

I want Adobe to understand that Chat support in some instances is sadly lacking. He was obviously managing a number of calls and just didn't respond to my questions or concerns. It's him and his attitude I'm unimpressed with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julie,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I apologize your support interaction was not per the Adobe experience we aim to deliver.  I have shared your feedback with the relevant team who will take the necessary actions to improve our internal process/training, as well as coach the Agent with whom you interacted.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we hope any future interactions meet the Adobe support experience we strive to deliver.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated. I'm sure I'm not the only one of your customers struggling with Chat response. Whilst we're all in difficult times and I understand that you don't have as many phone support people available, it's disappointing when, as you say, support does not reflect well on Adobe. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for understanding Julie, and apologies for the experience you had with your support interaction. 

Take care, stay safe and healthy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines