• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remotely check if Auto-update is enabled?

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I right in thinking that Adobe software is set to auto-update by default? Is there any way to verify this remotely, such as a config file we can check?

For example, I've been looking at these config files:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\com.adobe.acc.container.default.prefs

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\com.adobe.accc.apps.71C332906067B5240A495FB3.prefs

The first file seems to contain the auto-update setting for Creative Cloud, while the second seems to contain auto-update settings for the programs Creative Cloud manages, identified by their SAP codes.

Would reading these config files be a reliable way of checking if Auto-update is enabled?

Does the com.adobe.accc.apps.71C332906067B5240A495FB3.prefs file's name change? That big string of jibberish at the end seems like something that might get changed every now and then.

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Hello,

I am not aware of any such file to check the update settings of the apps.

You can check this article to manage or check the updates settings: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/admin-guide.html/enterprise/using/manage-self-service-policies.ug.html

By default, the auto-updates of the creative cloud desktop app and CC apps are enabled (which is optional) and you can manage a few settings or set some restrictions while creating a managed package from the admin console.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I am not aware of any such file to check the update settings of the apps.

You can check this article to manage or check the updates settings: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/admin-guide.html/enterprise/using/manage-self-service-policies.ug...

By default, the auto-updates of the creative cloud desktop app and CC apps are enabled (which is optional) and you can manage a few settings or set some restrictions while creating a managed package from the admin console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines