• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you share files with your team? (business account)

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have an Adobe Business plan with two licenses assigned to team members.

We want to work on an xD document that is accessible to both of us and that we can collaborate on. So far, the only possible way to share that file and have it remain as a single source is through the "invite" button inside xD.

The problem is that the person with whom the file is shared can only see it in "Shared with me," causing him to now have a bunch of files mixed without any sort of order.

Isn't there some way to have folders or some sort of shareable structure with other team members? It seems to me like VERY BASIC functionality to be able to collaborate efficiently with people.

Can the other person somehow sort those shared files with him? Or will he have to search through hundreds of files at a time?

How do you do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

It's a little strange. If you go to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents you can't share folders.

Abambo_1-1663343344378.png

But you can share single files.

But in https://assets.adobe.com/files, which is basically Adobe's cloud space, where you can put in any document, you can share folders:

Abambo_0-1663343330775.png

Libraries can also be shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PGRmobilejazz ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Have you tried the steps mentioned in the following helpx document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iCharles,

Yes, I had a look at the page you're pointing out, but it's kind of useless:

• It explains how to share libraries (we want to share documents).
  • It explains how to share documents, but the only option is:
    • Sharing within the file (i.e., Adobe xD) with another member.
    • They can see the files in "Shared with me" but cannot organize them or structure them. The only helpful option there is a filter, which is not very helpful if we're talking about many files being shared.

To recap, my question would be:

• Is there any way for me to create a folder structure containing adobe files (xD, PSD, AI, ...) and share the entire folder with another teammate so he can see the same structure and interact with the same files?
  • And ideally, being able to share the entire folder and not having to open every file one by one adds each team member, which takes a lot of time and is completely painful.
  • In other words, just like Google Drive, Dropbox, or even Sketch works (they have a workspace and every file inside is accessible by any editor).

I saw some people asking for this in 2013 and someone from Adobe replying was on the roadmap. It's 2022, so I'm wondering if this is now possible. Especially thinking in Creative Cloud for Business which one of the main goals is to ease collaboration between team members (not exactly the current scenario I'm facing, quite the opposite).

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a little strange. If you go to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents you can't share folders.

Abambo_1-1663343344378.png

But you can share single files.

But in https://assets.adobe.com/files, which is basically Adobe's cloud space, where you can put in any document, you can share folders:

Abambo_0-1663343330775.png

Libraries can also be shared.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines