Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deactivate the Trial Apps in Creative Cloud „Apps“

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please tell me how to deactivate for all users in Creative Cloud „Apps“ the Trial Apps.

I have to prevent them from generating network traffic.

Might use this… “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ServiceConfig.xml”

But how?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Hi oOLukasOo ,

Unfortunately, there is no way to disable the Trial apps, rather you can disable the apps tab completely.

In that case end users will not be able to install any new application unless IT team does not jump in and deploy the applications for them.

To disable Apps tab please you can either do it manually by navigating to

• Navigate to the following location(Windows): C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/(macOS): /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/

• Locate and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oOLukasOo ,

Unfortunately, there is no way to disable the Trial apps, rather you can disable the apps tab completely.

In that case end users will not be able to install any new application unless IT team does not jump in and deploy the applications for them.

To disable Apps tab please you can either do it manually by navigating to

• Navigate to the following location(Windows): C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/(macOS): /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/

• Locate and open the serviceconfig.xml file in Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (macOS).

In the serviceeconfig.xml file, change the value of AppsPanel from true to False.

Else,

Create a new package with no apps included and while creating the package uncheck the option Show apps tab.

apps tab.PNG

Note - You don't need to include any application apart from Creative cloud desktop application which will be included by default.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that so, that's sad.

Cause I wanted to give them the opportunity to update any Adobe application by them self.

In this case I will deactivate the Creative Cloud for all users.

I will deploy the demanded Adobe application only, without Creative Cloud - apps panel. Admin Console:

Create a Package --> Managed Package --> “Creative Cloud Desktop Options” --> “Show apps panel” disabled.

Please keep me up to date if you are going to implement this feature for Creative Cloud customization.
Until then i have to use the Remote Update Manager.

Rohit Thank You for your respond.

Regards

Lukas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need this. Have then been made possible by now ?

I only wan't the users to see the programs they are licenced too, not all the trial programs.
You know users, they click on it if they can, and maybe buy programs out of our agreements.

Best regards
Henrik Jensen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

3 years later and still no solution for IT admin who wants to manage their deploiement but give autonomy to users without opening the pandora box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines