Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to set up a folder so each team member can access each other's adobe files

New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Support team,

We love your products. I know you can help us resolve this. We wanted an organized Cloud in Adobe. We would like to know how to set up a folder so that my teammate and my boss can access each other's adobe files. Right now, both of them are using the same adobe account; 'team@hardstoor.com' but their files are different. So access, they have to email each other the .ai files and other files because they cannot easily see where and get access to edit or view the files each of them is using. We want to get helped on how to solve it by either creating a folder we both can put files in.

I already tried doing that. I read this article and followed instructions on how to create a shared folder. So I created one, but I was not expecting the outcome as it is different because the folder I created in synced files is automatically shared to 2 persons instead of me manually sharing. There are lots of files in the account.

As I investigated how and tried organizing files in the Creative Cloud we have in 'team@hardstoor.com' adobe account I found out that,

• no files in the library can be moved to folders in synced files and in cloud documents;
• no files in the synced files can be moved to cloud documents and folder/s in the library;
• no files in cloud documents can be moved to synced files folder and folder/s in the library.

So, I do not know how to make and maintain 1 shared folder for us and move there the files that must be shared between my boss and my teammate and have files created be in there so that we have just 1 location where to edit and see all relevant past/recent works in adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Freddy,

Cloud documents cannot be saved in Libraries at this time. Additionally, content from a library cannot be moved into Synced Files by design. I would recommend that the user create their assets in Libraries, and their Cloud Docs in Files and share two locations.

Hope this helps.

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charles,

Thank you for your reply. I know you could help us. From what we learned, there will be two locations - one is Creative Cloud Libraries, and one is Cloud Docs in File. I am curious to know your thoughts if doing this, will adobe still persist for one team member to send to another team member the file by email for the other team member to have access to the updates and changes made, and vice versa?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous, especially with Adobe Xd. That the team cannot share a folder and have everything stored and visible to all. How can you expect a team to grow and collaborate like this. Since more than 2 years this is being requested

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines