• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How/where can I download an off line 64-bit installation of Adobe Reader?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How / where can I download an off line 64-bit installation of Adobe Reader?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

There is no 64-bit version AFAIK.

There is also no requirement to be online unless you need to use services. Can you be more specific with your question? Is this for an enterprise install?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no 64-bit version AFAIK.

There is also no requirement to be online unless you need to use services. Can you be more specific with your question? Is this for an enterprise install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many sites I've found offer Adobe Reader as 32-bit/64-bit versions.

All I want is the 64-bit version that I can download and then install, as needed, to my other computers.

AcroRdrDC1901020098_en_US.exe installs only as a 32-bit version as does AdbeRdr11010_en_US.exe. WHY?

The only answer I got was: "There is no 64-bit version AFAIK" Seriously?

Every time I try to download Reader from Adobe's site, the third item (Install) is grayed out! What gives???

While I'm venting; I would love to upgrade My Lightroom 5 but I refuse to be forced into Adobe's subscription model. OnOne is looking much better as an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• There is no 64 bit version of Acrobat (any version) or Reader (11.x and earlier). I doubt there's a Reader DC 64 bit version, but I've pinged the team to verify that.
  • The installers you've downloaded are 32 bit and will only install 32 bit. . . .
  • Can't speak to the 3rd party site statement above. They can't offer a Reader/Acrobat product Adobe doesn't make.
  • Without knowing what page you're on wrt to the "grayed out" item, it's difficult to answer your question. Admins usually get downloads from the ftp site: Find links here: Acrobat-Reader Enterprise Toolkit Home
  • Lightroom forum link: Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader is 64 bit on Mac because Apple are turning off 32 bit. Reader is 32 bit on Windows. I don't know what these "many sites" are, but only Adobe are allowed to ship it. All the others are breaking the license. Often this is to try to trick you into installing malware. Perhaps they try to make it more exciting, like a nonexistent 64 bit version, to lure more people into their trap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS I find sites with titles like "Adobe Reader - Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)" but of course the 32-bit and 64-bit version it's talking about is Windows 7, not Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I keep on losing my own posts. Google doesn't seem to find it. Anyway, just going to update it with the latest builds I find...

https://ardownload2.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/AcrobatDC/2100520058/AcroRdrDCx642100520058_en_U...

The trick is to change the version strings to match the current release!

Thanks to Doug to pointing this out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines