• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I teach in a school computer lab. Some students cannot choose the account type when signing in. Help

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe sign-in process is buggy and has been buggy for years. Out of about 60 students 12 cannot login and therefore cannot access any apps. The affected students appear to be completely random. Each individual student account even on the same machine may or may not be able to login. It is very frustrating. All should have full access to a school-wide license. All names and account information were uploaded together on the same spreadsheet.

The one thing that is seemingly consistent is that some students (not all) after entering their email to sign-in are not presented with the account type screen so that they can choose Personal account. This locks them out of being able to sign in correctly and there appears to be no way to reset this choice. They are given no other option than an Enterprise Sign-In which does not properly connect the accounts.

I just don't know what to do. Any guidance is appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from download & install >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try contacting Adobe customer service via the adminconsole? This seems to be typically a task for customer service, as they can verify the attached accounts.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have access to that. More specifically, all inquiries must go through our local contact, then to the state contact who happens to be out of the office this week. 😞 I cannot use the online automated system because of the organization to which I belong. 😞

That said, my tech person thinks they know what the problem is. It is a syncing issue on the Adobe side. This cannot be fixed locally. So when our state-level contact comes back to his office (-.-) he can forward our request to Adobe (-.-) who has to make some kind of change on their end to correct the syncing issue. Why this has to be done ANNUALLY is a wonderful question that I unfortunately won't be able to ask any Adobe employee in person about.

Did I say this whole process was buggy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the plan admin has the tools to fix the problem, or contact adobe if they cannot fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By way of being thorough with this problem here is some more information. These are links to mitigations that were tried and didn't work. There is also an image of our Adobe Console provided by our tech person showing an error. Perhaps this will help some poor unfortunate soul in the future to diagnose their own problem or identify the master culprit.

I've tried these mitigations:
Cleaner means uninstaller. This doesn't work and I didn't go through with it. The hosts file isn't the issue either.
Close but isn't exactly our issue.
None of these mitigations work but this is the problem.
Only solutions 5, 6, and 7 seemed likely. I tried them all without success. Removing the licensing information seems to invalidate our installation so I put it back.

At this point I better understand the problem. We are using a Federated ID and for all students I checked this isn't triggering. The second screen after students enter their school email SHOULD ask them how to login by choosing an account type. They are to choose Personal but this screen isn't showing up at all. They are redirected to an Enterprise Login screen which doesn't work in our district to give them the proper rights. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above is NOT the correct answer for me. It is merely a list of mitigations that I tried and which FAILED. My problem has NOT been resolved. My students have been locked out of their Adobe accounts for the entire course which is now near the end. I get a new batch of students late in January. This resolution process HAS NOT WORKED for me. I gave up trying because I couldn't ever get anywhere. The people with the supposed ability to fix whatever is wrong (I still don't know) either won't contact me or I have no way of contacting them through the chain of command that is in place. I reached out here as a last resort out of desperation. This process is broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel26119569bjok 

again, contact the plan admin so they can contact adobe if they (the admin) cannot fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try again when I have time. I do not today and at this point there's
little point. Classes are taught on a schedule. The Adobe process isn't
responsive to quick fixes which is what education needs.

--
Daniel Smith
Technology Education
McDowell High School
http://www.mhs.mcdowell.k12.nc.us/
Mobile: 828-442-8967

--
*All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and disclosure
to third parties, including law enforcement. This message may contain
confidential and/or proprietary information, and is intended for the
person/entity to whom it was originally addressed. Any use by others is
strictly prohibited. In compliance with federal law, McDowell County
Schools administers all state-operated educational programs, employment
activities and admissions without discrimination because of race, religion,
national or ethnic origin, color, age, military service, disability, or
gender, except where exemption is appropriate and allowed by law.*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The above is NOT the correct answer for me. It is merely a list of mitigations that I tried and which FAILED. My problem has NOT been resolved. My students have been locked out of their Adobe accounts for the entire course which is now near the end. I get a new batch of students late in January. This resolution process HAS NOT WORKED for me. I gave up trying because I couldn't ever get anywhere. The people with the supposed ability to fix whatever is wrong (I still don't know) either won't contact me or I have no way of contacting them through the chain of command that is in place. I reached out here as a last resort out of desperation. This process is broken. 

By @Daniel26119569bjok

Any of your 191 administrators can contact Adobe via https://adminconsole.adobe.com/support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are there 191 admins? Seems to be a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines