Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation hang?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work in the IT department for a large college, where we use Microsoft SCCM for managing our Windows devices. We appear to have an issue with the latest Adobe CC suite, where all of the app's install successfully, but the setup.exe process appears to continue to run in the background, even when the installation is complete?

This is causing the application installs to take a very long time to complete when deployed via SCCM, as the setup.exe process does not close. The SCCM application installs are simply timing out from their maximum run-time.

From testing, I can confirm that this is not an SCCM related issue, as this same problem occurs when simply manually running the installer on a Windows device. The installation will complete, shortcut's in the start-menu and desktop... but the setup.exe continues to run in the background?

Also, the Adobe CC packaging tool, I can't get this to work as it keeps telling me that an update is required? I'm running Windows 10, build 1909, with all current updates and patches applied... so I'm not entirely sure what update this is looking for.

Regards,

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to this, we are using the --silent switch for the installers. When executing this via command line, it shows "End Adobe Setup. Exit code: 0"... but the setup.exe process doesn't close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this behavior when trying to install a shared device license package. Kindly confirm if you are referring to the same licensing. Also, confirm if you are getting same behavior when trying to install the package without SCCM (directly to the device).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TechBurner,

Thank you for your response! Yes, this is exactly the problem that we are currently experiencing. I created a support ticket with Adobe and this has been confirmed, but no resolution as of yet. The hanging behaviour happens always, so even a manual install and excluding SCCM altogether, the same problem occurs.

As you explained, this does appear to be related to the shared device licencing. This was mentioned yesterday in the call with Adobe. The installs do complete and you can run the applications without any issues, but the installer still runs in the background. Adobe confirmed that this is a bug that is currently being worked on.

Regards,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that one of the Sr. engineering is working on that support case. Kindly share the required Adobe logs using the log collector tool and share it so that we can investigate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are user-to-user forums, mainly for individual users. 

Do you have a Creative Cloud Teams / Entrprise account?  If so, you should probably reach out directly to Adobe Tech Support via your CC Admin portal for a consult.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you ever get a resolution to this?

I'm having this exact issue months later. Getting set up to deploy almost 2000 clients and finding that the Creative Cloud installer is now broken and will hang when installing through an SCCM Task Sequence.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check this help document which might resolve the issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/issue-deploying-packages-remotely-to-windows.html#resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I can confirm this does fix the issue when deploying using SCCM.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link appears to be broken - are you able to share the resource again?  I am having the issue and would like to see the resolution.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. The link to the work around is broken (404). Can you please re-post? Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open the support tab on your admin console > start chat or start case or request expert session.

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/support-and-expert-services.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like the workaround was a temporary fix. The issue that has been addressed seems to be fixed by a later release. I suggest you go to https://adminconsole.adobe.com/support and contact support for this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines